Got a fitbit and now my excersise keeps going to 0

Options
Hi guys i have a question about this i just got a fitbit was on a polar watch thought i was missing out of calories and i wanted to make sure i was doing it right and since i got my fitbit i dont know how much i lost and i looked tonight as the excersise bit is at 0 this is what it says Fitbit Calorie Adjustment
You're using Fitbit to measure your actual activity level throughout the day.

To accurately reflect any extra calories you're burning, we use this data to adjust your daily MyFitnessPal calorie goal.

This is how we calculate your calorie adjustment:

Fitbit Calories Burned
Full Day Projection
(Based on 560 calories burned as of 9:28 pm) 730
MyFitnessPal Calories Burned
Fitbit Calorie Adjustment
Your adjustment has been reduced to keep your goal above our 1200 calorie minimum

If anyone knows what im doing wrong and how much calories i am losing it would be good also i am 5ft2 33 and 9stone13 and taking in 1200 calories

Replies

• KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    For some reason your Fitbit only seems to think that you'll burn 730 calories in a day. MFP won't set you a calorie content of less than 1200 so the adjustment hasn't been taken into consideration. However that fitbit calorie adjustment seems ridiculous. Also if MFP is giving you 1611 why are you only eating 1200? MFP gives you the most calories you can loose on for the goals you have set. No need to eat 1200 if you can eat 1611 and loose.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,929 Member
    Options
    Double check your time zone on both apps, as well as your age, height, weight. Make sure that you're haven't changed the default stride length on Fitbit too.
  • NTCB17
    NTCB17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what should my stride length be on fitbit
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    NTCB17 wrote: »
    what should my stride length be on fitbit

whatever your stride length actually is...?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,929 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    if you're having problems it is best to let Fitbit use the default generic stride length which is based on your height. It will use that default value if you enter nothing at all. When you enter a value it over-writes the defaults. At which point you MAY be introducing an error.

Stride length was mentioned only because the values you quoted are highly unusual and an indication that something is configured incorrectly. However the likelihood is that the error is somewhere else (timezone, height, age, etc)

Why? Because Fitbit TDEE includes your BMR calories.

Therefore a value 560 Calories burned by 9:28pm is impossible unless there is a mis-configuration, or other error.

The straight BMR value (zero steps) for Fitbit for your weight, age, height, by that time of day is ~1152.94 calories.

If you can't find the error, I would call Fitbit technical support.

They are usually quick to respond.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    What is your Fitbit model? All models should be worn during all waking hours; the ones with HR monitor are also designed to track your heart rate while sleeping, so it is best to wear those for 24 hours per day.

Was this the first day you starting using Fitbit? If so, it would have recorded only a partial day and should be ignored. Although, with that low of a projection at 9:28 p.m., my bet would be that the MFP and Fitbit time zones do not match. Check all stats in both MFP and Fitbit as previous posters have recommended.

I would recommend reading through the first three posts in this thread on the MFP Fitbit Users group...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • NTCB17
    NTCB17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THank you i am it did sync to minus 100
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd reset your fitbit and make sure all your information is accurate.