Looking for support buddies not wannabe dieticians

Options
Hey all! Let's face it anybody who's battled weight their whole life is a natural dietitian, probably a PhD! I'm just looking for friends that are serious about this but want to travel the journey not drive the bus.

Replies

• GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lol this is so true we are forced to become dieticians but I finally feel like I'm free from that now I'm just on my health journey no more fad diets for me im finally free <3
  • odonrom1946
    odonrom1946 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amen to that! Has to be about a shift of how we think about food - that's the hard part!
  • odonrom1946
    Options
    Lmao!! :D
  • GetFit4Life2018
    GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LOL, count me in. I like to encourage and need encouragement. Send me a friend request! :)
  • shhhilo
    shhhilo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah not everyones journey is a fast one some us get discouraged by those who tend to drive the bus and lose focus im with ya
  • VitosWorld
    VitosWorld Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It all depends on whether you want support buddies to tell you what you want to hear or to tell you the truth.
  • MfromBristol
    MfromBristol Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just in need of positive encouragement. I give what I want to receive!
  • odonrom1946
    Options
    VitosWorld wrote: »
    It all depends on whether you want support buddies to tell you what you want to hear or to tell you the truth.

Why would you assume these are 2 different things? Exactly what I'm talking about.
  • VitosWorld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    They are not ALWAYS different things.... like if someone asks whether a certain pair of jeans accentuates their physique. SOMETIMES that person is just fishing for a compliment and SOMETIMES they are looking for honesty.
  • VitosWorld
    Options
    SOMETIMES it is best to tell a person they have spinach in their teeth... even if it costs a little embarrassment for a few seconds.
  • VitosWorld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SOMETIMES people need a Dr. Phil-like friend to say, "How's that working out for you?"
  • VitosWorld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SOMETIMES people need a kick in the butt. SOMETIMES they need a hug.
  • VitosWorld
    Options
    Can we be friends?
  • odonrom1946
    Options
    SOMETIMES a duck is just a duck (sounds Dr. Phily-y to me)
    No bus drivers required - just trying to have a laugh on the journey.
  • travelintray
    travelintray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in. We all need all the support we can get!
  • chairman68
    chairman68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Also friends and supporters that do not micromanage your food diary!! Some of us are focused on calories alone some are focus on more, I don’t want negative comments about my Taco Bell that fit into my calorie budget

I had Taco Bell, not once, but twice this week! And it fit in my calories!!!
  • bearcat89
    bearcat89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m getting on the treadmill right now!