Ketogenic diet

Options
Hey! Have anyone here ever been doing ketogenic diet cause I’m thinking to switch my current diet i.e paleo diet to ketogenic diet for rapid weight + fat loss bcz next month in feb it’s my fairwell and i wanna fit into my dress and u know wt I mean so please help me!!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You won't lose faster on keto (except for some initial water weight), you lose faster when you eat less, but not too little (so you end up overeating becuse you're hungry).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fat loss comes from a calorie deficit. Some people find eating keto, paleo, etc. helps them stick to their deficit, but you don’t lose any faster outside of extra water weight at the beginning. And with only a month? You’re probably better off buying a new dress. What are your stats?
  • obamajojo123
    obamajojo123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot it helped a lot and btw I dnt wanna lose a lot in a month but at least a few inches will do the trick btw thank u so much
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Speed of fat loss is down to the size of calorie deficit - not the type of foods eaten.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    As others said, keto will not help you lose faster, unless you experience more satiety and find it easier to stick to a deficit eating that way. If you like Paleo foods you can continue eating them while keto, just fewer of the carbs.

You will often lose more water weight with keto but that mainly happens if you do not increase sodium to replace the electrolytes you lose. If you take care to get your salt, which is safer and healthier, you will not lose much water.