Belly fat while gaining weight

Options
Hello everyone. I have been supplementing for a while and I have gained 3 pounds which seems to all be in my stomach. Any suggestions as to getting my weight to go else where as I gain it?

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Supplementing with what?
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Supplementing with what?

Yea, I don't get why she mentioned that?
  • NethieJ
    NethieJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I mentioned that I am supplementing simply so that you all would have insight. When you ask a question isn’t it best that you give more info into your situation? It helps people to better answer your questions right?
  • NethieJ
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Supplementing with what?

I am supplementing with muscle milk gainer, ensure plus and creatine.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    NethieJ wrote: »
    I mentioned that I am supplementing simply so that you all would have insight. When you ask a question isn’t it best that you give more info into your situation? It helps people to better answer your questions right?

More relevant information is actually how quickly you are gaining (3 pounds in how many weeks), what type of exercise you are doing, and what your calorie intake is. They asked about supplementing because to some people it means taking steroids. Taking Ensure, Creatine, and Muscle Milk is really not supplementing, it's just helping you get into a surplus.
  • NethieJ
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

More relevant information is actually how quickly you are gaining (3 pounds in how many weeks), what type of exercise you are doing, and what your calorie intake is. They asked about supplementing because to some people it means taking steroids. Taking Ensure, Creatine, and Muscle Milk is really not supplementing, it's just helping you get into a surplus.

Ok I see what you mean about people having different perceptions of the word supplement but in the dictionary supplementing is adding something to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole... regardless of what it is. Also I think you misread somewhere because I wasn’t the one questioning anyone about my supplements, that was @fb47 asking why I even brought up that I was supplementing so that should have been directed or quoted towards him and not me. I think that was a good question from @cityruss
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you cant control where weight goes, just as you cant control where weight comes off from.

if youre trying to build muscle, you can focus on specific muscle groups.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been supplementing for a while and I have gained 3 pounds which seems to all be in my stomach. Any suggestions as to getting my weight to go else where as I gain it?

Slight caloric deficit, with some weight training and cardio 3-4 times a week after weight training. Should help with stubborn unwanted body fat, also have to stay consistent with the training.

She's gaining weight. On purpose. A calorie deficit is the opposite of what her goal is.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    OP I think if might help if you tell us what you're actually trying to achieve and how you're currently going about it.

Are you just sinking a load of extra calories and hoping you'll develop a 'booty' and the body of your dreams or some such?

That's not really the way to go.
  • NethieJ
    Options
    I am trying to gain at least 45 pounds. I’ve gained 3 pounds with in a three week time frame. I am not exercising much but when I do, I have been doing planks, sit ups and lifting 5 pound weights with my legs. I don’t know exactly what I should be doing and that’s why I’m here asking. Thank you all so much for your input and help!
  • NethieJ
    Options
    @cityruss I think everyone’s goal is to have the body of their dreams and I’ve always had a nice butt but I want to get thicker, I am very slim and shapely so more weight looks really nice on me. I’ve been thicker before after having my kids but I can not maintain it.
  • NethieJ
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I am trying to gain at least 45 pounds. I’ve gained 3 pounds with in a three week time frame. I am not exercising much but when I do, I have been doing planks, sit ups and lifting 5 pound weights with my legs. I don’t know exactly what I should be doing and that’s why I’m here asking. Thank you all so much for your input and help!

45 pounds is a pretty high goal, are you severely underweight?

If your goal is to put on some curves it's a good idea to do an actual strength training routine. Your current exercises aren't going to help you add much muscle, so your weight gain will be all fat. I'll add a link at the bottom of this for you to check out some programs.

One thing to keep in mind is that women who are lifting, gaining weight, and eating adequate protein can gain about 1 pound of muscle per month. Any other gain on top of that will be fat (and a little bit of water). If you are really underweight there's a chance that your stomach looking bigger to you is partially bloating or food volume from eating more and not that you've added 3 pounds of fat to just that area. You can't pick where your body adds the fat though.

If you happen to be in recovery for an eating disorder (we see a lot of those) it's a good idea to discuss this with your recovery team. If that doesn't apply to you I don't mean anything negative by it, just trying to cover all possibilities since I don't have all the information.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thank you sooo much!! I am 5”4 and 115 pounds. I don’t have any eating disorders or anything like that. I just want to be thicker to enhance my shape.
  • NethieJ
    Options
    Thank you