I NEED HELP GETTING RID OF BELLY FAT

Options
I have some weak abdominal muscles from children but my goal is to get rid of belly fat if anyone can help or in the same situation add me!!!

Replies

• Hothenzy
    Hothenzy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl!! You're not alone in this. The way to go is change your diet and exercise to burn fat and the do core exercises to strengthen your abdominal muscles. Tightening your ab muscles by pulling it in whilst breathing normally when idle, is also a way of strengthening your muscle. Am doing just that and seeing changes already.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You need to do a lot of much needed research.

Exercises DO NOT burn fat. Eating less calories than you burn is what causes you to lose weight. Both muscle and fat. If done right. It’ll be practically all fat. Working your abs does nothing other than causing micro tears, strengthing of the muscle, and it can result in repair and growth.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce.

work on overall health and weight loss, and the weight will come off- but only your body decides from where, and when.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose belly fat, you have to lose fat everywhere
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Use MFP to create a calorie deficit. That, over time will get rid of the fat.

Get a PT, or find a reliable web source, who/which can help you with DR. Generic Ab exercises can agrivate the gap, you doctor should be able to give you a refferal.

Cheers, h.