Did I really lose 7lb in a week?!

Options
I was eating everything over Christmas and this week I’ve finally buckled down and been eaten 1200 calories a day. I was 11 stone 5 1/4 a week ago, now I’m 10 stone 12.5! Is that right?

Replies

• karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    7 pounds is easily in the realm of water weight loss for the first week of a deficit.

For example, my first week in a deficit I lost 8 lbs. Over Christmas I went on a maintenance break, gained 9 pounds, and lost 7 of it in the first week back in deficit, the remaining 2 pounds by week 2.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Usually after a big loss like that one week, the next week will show a much smaller loss or even a bit of a gain. That is, as long as you're following your MFP suggestions correctly. Just remember to keep at it and those numbers will creep downward at the right pace.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I've "lost" 5.5lb in the last 5 days, but much of that is water thanks to moving back away from the highly processed foods I'd been eating over Christmas to home cooked food that I've been eating this week.

eta : and I lost that eating 1800-2600 Calories a day.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You did lose 7 lbs. Just not 7 lbs of fat...
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    Usually after a big loss like that one week, the next week will show a much smaller loss or even a bit of a gain. That is, as long as you're following your MFP suggestions correctly. Just remember to keep at it and those numbers will creep downward at the right pace.

I find this to be how I lose. Last week for example, I was down a pound. Then down 4 the next day. Obviously not fat loss. But the next ten days I will lose nothing. I take the trend over a month, that should be pretty close to what you've set on here, if you're following it correctly.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    In addition to water weight, you are carrying less mass in your gut. And you might have just hit the magic place in your menstrual cycle, if you are menstruating. I used to call that magic place "the one good day." lol.