When you’re sick

Options
How do you get through days when you’re sick (sore throat, chest on fire, stuffy nose, watery eyes, swollen glands) .. what’s a good tea that tastes good with honey, I feel like that might soothing, no? Anything anyone wants to recommend would be great!

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Egg drop soup and ice cream or sorbet!
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I boil water, add some fresh ginger, lemon, and honey. Tastes good
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    grandma always gave me chamomile.

i still drink it when im not feeling well lol

i think its all mental.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My go to drink when sick is black tea with honey, lemon and bourbon.

Brandy, scotch or any other liwuor of your choice would probably do.

It won't cure the illness but it always makes me feel and sleep better, mainly because of the bourbon. ;)
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like homemade chicken soup that includes quite a bit of onions, garlic and some fresh ginger grated into it. I also like the suggestion for egg drop soup.

I'll drink any type of tea when I'm sick, usually with honey, or often hot lemon water. I like Ceylon, chamomile, Trader Joe's ginger turmeric, Throat Coat from Traditional Medicinals.

If you've got this awful flu that's going around, you have my sympathies. I got it right after Christmas and it lasted a good two weeks full of misery. Take care of yourself and stay home in bed.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I boil water, add some fresh ginger, lemon, and honey. Tastes good

This is the best. Ginger, lemon, honey "tea" can actually shorten the duration and lessen the symptoms of an illness by boosting your immune system.