Rate my meal plan?

Options
charleyaimee
charleyaimee Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hi there! I was hoping you’d be willing to critique and give some tips as to how my meal plan is looking? At the moment I’m looking to lose 5-7lbs but wouldn’t be mad if I just maintained.

I’m a vegan, and also work with intermittent fasting. I start eating at 12pm and finish eating at 8pm. Sometimes this isn’t possible but it’s the goal! I’m also diabetic (type 1) so aim to stick to a lower carb content in meals.

BREAKFAST: large mug of green tea with lemon.

LUNCH: half a head of lettuce, 1 salad tomato, big chunk of cucumber, 4 mini silverskin pickled onions, cup of lemon and coriander cous cous. Drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

SNACK: banana, 1 large carrot cut into batons

DINNER: examples are chilli made with kidney and butter beans served on a baked sweet potato, or homemade ‘sausage’ casserole made with vegan sausages, red onions, button mushrooms and served with homemade mashed potato, or mixed vegetable vindaloo served on a bed of cauliflower rice!

SNACK: little pot of vegan yoghurt OR little pot of overnight oats flavoured with ginger and a tsp canderel.

EXTRA: one glass of Diet Coke (my vice but I’ve cut down massively!) and a mug of camomile tea before bed.

Thanks!!! Xxxxx

Replies

• charleyaimee
    Options
    I love fresh salads to be honest, and mixed with cous cous it’s just
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Sounds low in protein and fat... Don't quite understand where the "low carb" component comes in to it either?

As a vegan, meeting your nutritional requirements requires thought and more careful planning - perhaps meeting with a dietician would be beneficial to plan some more nutritionally balanced meals and snacks.
  • charleyaimee
    Options
    Brings me just over 1000 calories, which is okay I think considering my job is totally sedentary.

I can have the banana and carrot with no blood sugar spikes which is good. If I had more then I most likely would have to do more injections.

That’s how I plan to eat daily.
    The dietitians have been useless and can’t seem to fathom that veganism is an option so doibg it alone.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Brings me just over 1000 calories, which is okay I think considering my job is totally sedentary.

I can have the banana and carrot with no blood sugar spikes which is good. If I had more then I most likely would have to do more injections.

That’s how I plan to eat daily.
    The dietitians have been useless and can’t seem to fathom that veganism is an option so doibg it alone.

Find a different dietician, one who understands vegan nutrition - your body will thank you for it!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories, protein or fat.
    Nearly everything you are eating is a carb so it's not a low carb diet in terms of percentages.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how you got your total daily goal to set for only 800 total calories in a day :/
  • charleyaimee
    Options
    Just over 1000 calories not okay under any circumstances. Aren't you hungry?

I think I’m just used to it maybe? I get hungry by dinner time, which is my largest meal of the day. X
  • charleyaimee
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    I'm wondering how you got your total daily goal to set for only 800 total calories in a day :/

I don’t use my fitness pal religiously for tracking. I use a diabetic specific one mostly. X
  • charleyaimee
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Nearly everything you are eating is a carb so it's not a low carb diet in terms of percentages.

Yeah, I’ve come to realise that :S not sure where I’m going wrong and how to improve. Any advice?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Yeah, I’ve come to realise that :S not sure where I’m going wrong and how to improve. Any advice?
    Increase calories, protein or fat.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    choose 3 and add them somewhere in your day.

2 tbsp nuts
    1 tbsp peanut butter/almond butter
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 a medium avocado
    3 tbsp hummus
    1/4 c vegan cheese
    1 cup soy milk
    3oz tofu (or other vegan "meat")

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    0.5/10
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I’m Type 1, and totally get the low carb...Wondering how you handle the intermittent fast. Are you pumping? Or multiple injection?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    i mean, if it makes you happy ...

a half a head of lettuce would not make me happy.

Amen! Where's the meat? Oh yeah she's vegan.
    I cannot contribute on your sample plan because it personally makes me depressed. :'(
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I’m Type 1, and totally get the low carb...Wondering how you handle the intermittent fast. Are you pumping? Or multiple injection?

I am type 1 and pumping....how are you managing?