Belly fat while gaining weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    NethieJ wrote: »
    I am trying to gain at least 45 pounds. I’ve gained 3 pounds with in a three week time frame. I am not exercising much but when I do, I have been doing planks, sit ups and lifting 5 pound weights with my legs. I don’t know exactly what I should be doing and that’s why I’m here asking. Thank you all so much for your input and help!

Won't ("at least") 160lbs put you in the overweight category?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thank you
    Thank you

Why do you want to gain 45lbs? That is not healthy as you would be overweight. 115 is not even underweight for your height although you could probably gain 10-15lbs and have the thicker figure you want! (Especially with some squats and heavy weights)

It scares me that we are starting to see quite a few people posting about how they have goals to be overweight when they are at a perfectly healthy weight. Society is getting more and more warped in regards to its perception of healthy if so many are striving to be overweight.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I agree 45 lbs is too much to gain and too soon. I have a feeling you just or will soon start training. By gaining 45 lbs off the bat, you're just going to end up fat. You need to gain weight at a slower pace, because unfortunately building muscles is a slow process. It takes a few bulking and cutting cycles just to get somewhat the shape we want.
  • NethieJ
    NethieJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you
    Thank you

Why do you want to gain 45lbs? That is not healthy as you would be overweight. 115 is not even underweight for your height although you could probably gain 10-15lbs and have the thicker figure you want! (Especially with some squats and heavy weights)

It scares me that we are starting to see quite a few people posting about how they have goals to be overweight when they are at a perfectly healthy weight. Society is getting more and more warped in regards to its perception of healthy if so many are striving to be overweight.

You know what!!!? You are right! I wasn’t doing the math correctly ...I actually don’t know what I was thinking because since I’m 115 I only need to gain 20 pounds instead of 45 to be at 135 and that’s where I want to get to. Though I don’t even look 115 pounds,I look about 100-105 pounds and being 5’4 and weighing 135 won’t be over weight nor bad looking. Thanks for bringing that up to me!!!
  • NethieJ
    NethieJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Twetere wrote: »
    Hey you either go big or you go home bigger stomach means bigger abbs LETS GO MAMA

“Go big or go home bigger stomach”
    lol I love it! I choose to go big!