Student Needing Quick Low-Cal Lunches!!

Options
emc001
emc001 Posts: 4
Ok, school starts in about a month! And its really hard not to go out to eat or stop by fast food joints for my meals since my schedule is so hectic. So I need some advice for inexpensive meals I can prepare in minutes and that I can carry to school with me! I love wraps, salads, sandwiches, or WHATEVER!! Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ok, school starts in about a month! And its really hard not to go out to eat or stop by fast food joints for my meals since my schedule is so hectic. So I need some advice for inexpensive meals I can prepare in minutes and that I can carry to school with me! I love wraps, salads, sandwiches, or WHATEVER!! Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Pretty much answered your own question..

Chicken wraps/salads
    Turkey sandwich's
    Tuna wraps/sandwich's.
  • xxshewolfxx
    Options
    Prepare your lunch the night before, then store in the fridge overnight. You won't have to rush so much in the morning.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Starkist has on-the-go tuna salad lunches that are really good and under 300 cals. That's what I typically eat on campus!
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Theres a really good 45cal/slice whole wheat bread. I think its made by pepperidge farm. That and a couple ounces of turkey with maybe mustard and lettuce would be quick & good. :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You could do raw veggie wrap
    Peanut Butter and apple butter sandwich
    turkey/ham wrap
    canned soup(if you have a microwave) just watch for sodium
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    scope out your fave fast food restaurants so if you do happen to be in a hurry one day, you know what to order without blowing your cals for the day :o)
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I found some small bistro salads at the grocery store - I take them to work just about every day. they're under 300calories and typically include chicken, cheese, nuts, egg, dried fruit... something like that :) they also come with a fork and dressing so that's all you need!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm also going back to school in the fall and this is an excellent idea! If I have fridge access I usually eat some cottage cheese or yogurt, fruit and or veggies, and maybe have some tuna or PB on a low cal multi grain tortilla/wrap thingy...not having access to a fridge some days is going to be hard...
  • rwno2
    rwno2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How about a Herbalife Healthy Meal replacement shake. You can make it up before you leave or just take the mix with you, add water or milk and shake it up. You can also get individual packets for different flavors. The replacement meal is less than $2 each, less than 100 calories (with water) and the shake is loaded with nutrition. Let me know if you are interested, it can be shipped directly to you. Another great on the go food is the packets of tuna or salmon; low calorie and loaded with protein.
  • emc001
    Options
    awesome!! i will definitely try doing it the night before since I usually have to get up at 4am to go to clinicals! these ideas are great! Thanks everyone!
  • emc001
    Options
    for the herbalife shakes, will they keep me full??
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    i always bring a ton of healthy snacks (3-4 a day). these include nuts, avocados, graham crackers, etc. and then i make veggie wraps or salads (throw some cottage cheese on there for added protein!) lean cuisines (a little high in sodium)
  • rwno2
    rwno2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Herbalife shakes will keep you full. The protein that they contain will help curb hunger. I have a shake in the morning around 6am and sometime around 9:30 I have a Nabisco Snackwell's cereal bar (140 cal 8 g protein). That gets me to lunch at noon. With Herbalife there is an entire arsenal of products that you can add to help with cravings and hunger but I don't want this to become a sales pitch. I am a pretty big guy and I started Herbalife program 4 weeks ago. I've lost 14 pounds so far. I am on a 2000 calorie diet and actually find myself struggling to get all the calories in because I feel full. I became a distributor so I could buy my own products. The results that I am having as well as my 10 year old daughter's success (9 pounds down) makes me want to spread the word. The shakes can help lose, maintain, or gain weight. It is truly a balanced approach.