Other 5’8”-5’11” women... looking for friends and to hear your goals

Options
Hi there! So I’m new and I’ve been on here a month and have lost 7lb. I am taller than 95-97% of women at 5’9.5”-5’10” so my goals are a little different than someone who is 5’2”. What is your goal weight and what is your routine ? :)

Feel free to add

Replies

• ljboots86
    ljboots86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5’9, and starting weight was 248.6...Goal weight 160. I have been at it for 8 days and I’m now at 239.2 ... here’s a before pic for reference...
  • MillyPieface13
    MillyPieface13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 17st12lbs (250lbs) but I want to be 10st 10lbs (150lbs) so I need to lose 7st2lbs (100lbs) so I have a very long way to go!
  • Kimhardee1
    Kimhardee1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So I’m new and I’ve been on here a month and have lost 7lb. I am taller than 95-97% of women at 5’9.5”-5’10” so my goals are a little different than someone who is 5’2”. What is your goal weight and what is your routine ? :)

Feel free to add

• Kimhardee1
    Kimhardee1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'10 weighed 250 on the first of January. Weighed 241 today. I love the site. I have owned a catering business for years so I am cooking some good healthy meals but am not excercising yet. What is your plan?
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. Starting weight 155, goal weight is 134. It's where I was a few years ago and i stayed within a few pounds and then in the last year and a half or so the scale started creeping up. I run, do spin, yoga, a boot camp class, and lift weights. And I do a lot of hiking.
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 173 in early November. My goal is 140, and I'm 1/3rd of the way there (I've lost 11 lb of 33). In good weather (which we have little of in winter in Maine) I run. I do step aerobics a couple of times a week, which I love, and zumba and strength training one day a week each, which I'm lukewarm about (the workouts don't even make me break a sweat.. I think they're geared toward elders, which is pretty much who lives where I do). I may buy a step and just do step aerobics at home for those days. On weekends, I'm on the recumbent bike. I've been tracking all my calories here, and try not to eat many of my exercise calories (MFP thinks my baseline should be 1370). Feel free to add me!
  • Ready2befithealthy
    Ready2befithealthy Posts: 303 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sup girl! Another tall lady here. Okay so I’m 5’10” and I want to be about 155. I am currently 173. At 155 I’ll be about a size 6. I’m a size 10 now.

Just saying all bodies are different. When I was in my 20’s I was 130. Now that would be too thin for me. I am totally satisfied as a size 6.

Also, I do spin classes and free weights.
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ljboots86 wrote: »

Also realized tall people generally carry their weight differently - so sizes: currently size 12 jeans and a large or XL top.

That's so crazy, my starting weight and height are almost exactly the same as yours, but while you're in size 12 jeans I'm in size 20, and while you're in a L or XL top I'm in 2XL!!!!
  • doublegator
    doublegator Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am 5'11'', 148ish, and (allegedly) at about 27% body fat. I wear a size 10 pants. I'd like to get my body fat % down to around 20%. I don't care what the number on the scale is.

I do Crossfit, kickboxing, and some beachbody programs at home (not a coach/not looking to sell! lol).
  • fifiman
    fifiman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    cwells16 wrote: »
    I am 5’9, and starting weight was 248.6...Goal weight 160. I have been at it for 8 days and I’m now at 239.2 ... here’s a before pic for reference...

Isn't 160 rather heavy for a 5'9 woman? I'm a 5'10" man and ideally want to be 140 (10st).

Judgmental much??!
    Also, she looks pretty damn good at 248 pounds, so 160 sounds very reasonable.

This guy's been trolling the forums all day. Just ignore him lol. Everyone keeps reporting him and he has comments deleted all over the place.
  • fifiman
    fifiman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »

Also realized tall people generally carry their weight differently - so sizes: currently size 12 jeans and a large or XL top.

That's so crazy, my starting weight and height are almost exactly the same as yours, but while you're in size 12 jeans I'm in size 20, and while you're in a L or XL top I'm in 2XL!!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking..