The highs and lows

Options
Brady2K18
Brady2K18 Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2018 in Getting Started
Lost 90 pounds a few years ago gained back 60 been a bad year. I'm tired of being depressed and just not being who I want to be. Today was my first step towards my vision of myself and my goals. I am looking for support never done this before but I don't wanna put all the effort it just to make a U-turn. 10,000 steps today and ate healthy good day 1. Looking for people who know the struggle and can be a support system

Replies

• Brady2K18
    Brady2K18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bad year I guess you can't say the S word
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Many of us fall back. It's courageous and wonderful of you to get back to it. Good for you for walking and eating like you planned today. Eating does not have to be perfect. Eat less calories. Prepare foods that are easy.

I am gradually get back on after losing/gaining but I am not all the way on track back yet. Still tying some days.
  • quikruithoff
    quikruithoff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did a juice cleanse last year and lost 30 lbs only to gain 57!!!! Now my goal is to lose 60 but no crazy diets just healthy eating and exercise. It looks like this is the right place to start. Everyone here is in a similar situation and I know we can all do this! Great job on your excellent start!!!
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost about 80 pounds four years ago and have gained it all back PLUS 30 more!!! I hate that I let myself go the way I did, but all we can do is start where we are and do the best we can!!!

You got this!!!!!
  • dawnmcira
    dawnmcira Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Lost 203 pounds and gained 85 pounds back. Decided to put the breaks on the weight gain and hopefully lose what I put back on. Been trying to get myself back on track. Still been slipping up, but not half as bad as I was. :-/
  • jenniferlee72
    jenniferlee72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Most of us kick ourselves harder than most others would. Be kind to yourself and know that you are not alone. I was always heavy as a child (185 lbs) at age 12, (270 lbs) at age 18, then lost 110 lbs at age 28!to weigh in at (160).
    Due to medical issues (cardiac, diabetes and all of the fun stuff that goes along with it including a below knee amputation 2 years ago), my weight has skyrocketed back to 263.4 lbs.
    my husband and I are now motivating each other to eat healthier and exercise daily.
    Just know YOU CAN DO IT