Whens the best time to work out?

Before meal / day starts ...or ?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Whatever time works best for you. If there was an optimal time it would only give you a tiny advantage.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Whatever time works best with your schedule, and gives you the most optimal performance. Sometimes those aren't the same unfortunately so you gotta do your best to fit it in when you can.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    The best time is the time you will actually do it.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    for me, 5AM. Time to get in a 4 mile swim before work. Pool is busier After work.
  • jesicasucks
    jesicasucks Posts: 1 Member
    I do 2 a days because I am trying to lower my body fat. I do fasted cardio in the am and go back for lifts at night when I have some food in my belly.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Oh so true by everyone ^^^

We have regular meetups with our Local Running club members/Adult Swim Club and it is the little extra motivation/push to get out and do it, even if you have an off day, half a WO is better than No WO.
    Some people can jump out of bed at any time and do a routine, others need some get up and go time.
    What ever works for your Life Schedule is what will give you the biggest rewards.
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Thankyou everyone.. thats very helpful.

i was wondering what was better for kick starting the memetabolism wise..?
    I guess earlier morning / before start the day.. even before first meal would it help to suppress appetite and / raise energy levels..?
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    for me, 5AM. Time to get in a 4 mile swim before work. Pool is busier After work.

I love the sound of this!!.. it be my dream to be able to do this!. :p;)
    Ill work towards it B)
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 266 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Thankyou everyone.. thats very helpful.

i was wondering what was better for kick starting the memetabolism wise..?
    I guess earlier morning / before start the day.. even before first meal would it help to suppress appetite and / raise energy levels..?

There's no such thing as "kick starting the metabolism". That's BS woo that the diet industry has made up. Your metabolism runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If it doesn't, you're dead and you have bigger things to worry about than what time to work out, lol.

Experiment with different times and see what works best for you. If early in the morning fits your schedule and you find that it suppresses your appetite and gives you more energy, then that's a good time for you to exercise. Some people find just the opposite, that exercise makes them hungrier and saps their energy and leaves them dragging for the day. Others love the early morning workouts and find it energizes them for the day ahead.

The bottom line is, as several people have said, the best time to workout is when it fits your schedule best and when you'll do it consistently. Consistency trumps all else in terms of results.

Yes this!

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 831 Member
    When ever it fits into your life and is sustainable for you!
    I am a late breakfast eater, so mostly I work out mid morning before i eat breakfast. However, one of the classes I love to take only happens in the evenings, so twice a week I work out in the evening
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Empty squat rack/platform.