Trying to get fit over 40

Options
Hi, my name is Lynn. I’m a super busy mom of 4 and a teacher. I’ve taken care of everyone else my entire life and now I’m in a dark place physically and mentally.
I’m really good at being everyone else’s cheerleader but since I’m the driving force in my family, I don’t have a strong cheer section.
I need to lose around 100 pounds, which feels intimidating.
I set small goals- such as 20 pounds by spring break (the last week of March).
Things I’ve done so far:
Before the holidays, I visited my doctor and sought insight.
I bought myself so amazing shoes (Hoka) for plantar fasciitis. I’ve ordered some compression socks to help with the pain and circulation.
I’ve also stopped soft drinks completely! In order to fight the headache the usually accompanies that, I got my daith pierced and I’m so thankful for that! No headaches or migraines for over a month now!
I’d really like to build a support group to hold me accountable to continue logging my food and to get off my butt and to the gym.
I’m open to helpful suggestions and encouragement and will be a great cheerleader for you as well.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Ready2befithealthy
    Ready2befithealthy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. You’ve got this. Take it one day at a time...but you can do this. Watch your food intake and get some exercising in. Most importantly is eat right.
  • mtbusse73
    mtbusse73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Well not four kids, and I'm not a teacher but I do need to lose a lot of weight. HMU if you want
  • mmccray71
    mmccray71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Would love the support as well!! Working, parenting, and keeping on track with exercise and healthy food choices has been a struggle!
  • nea2702
    nea2702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All the very best in your endeavors. You can do it once your really set your mind to it. As someone who started off at 276lbs and with the help of MFP, i have managed to get down to 162lbs and i was always the most undisciplined people you could meet.
  • Delamitri2012
    Delamitri2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you can afford one, I've found my Apple Watch to be a great help. It has three simple, achievable measurements to hit each day. It makes sure you get 30 minutes of exercise and you burn 400 calories through movement. It also ensures you stand and move every hour. I've lost a lot of weight using it. It also rewards you with achievement badges - Closing all rings for a week or Longest streak of hitting your exercise goal etc. It's a great cheerleader with daily prompts and reminders. Worth a look. Another good idea is to find someone else who is trying to lose weight, and have a little friendly competition. Fitbit is good for this - you can even pair up with strangers to have "most steps in a week" competition, but I find this a little one-dimnesional. It's only good for lots of walking.
  • farmerj200
    farmerj200 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello, im new here. also looking for support!! have been watchimg my food using a macros diet, quit drinking wine...omg im dying...and starting excercising 4× a week.
    its so hard to lose weight with a thyroid issue!! i need some help!!!