Synced devices and calories...

Options
I have a Polar M400 and today I synced Polar Flow to MFP for the first time. It gave an an adjusted calories that was much higher than what my watch said I had burned during the workout. Hoping someone can shed some light on what this number means and if I should be eating that many calories back.

Replies

• RemoteWilderness
    RemoteWilderness Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Every thread I’ve read regarding fitness counting devices ( I know I phrased that wrong but I just woke up) is that perhaps start with eating half of those calories back for four weeks and evaluate whether you’re losing at the desired rate. Then add or subtract if not.

Good morning.
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar M400 and today I synced Polar Flow to MFP for the first time. It gave an an adjusted calories that was much higher than what my watch said I had burned during the workout. Hoping someone can shed some light on what this number means and if I should be eating that many calories back.

There is an article on MFP someplace explaining that the calorie offsets in MFP from devices are converted to a number for the whole day. So they assume what is going to happen for the rest of the day and adjust it as time goes by. So the number will be bigger than what you burned in exercise since they are assuming you will continue to burn calories for the rest of the day (which you will unless you snuff it but they don't know exactly how many).