Post baby weight loss problems

Options
I cant seem to lose the weighti gained during my pregnancy and i cant seem to stick to the diets

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The good thing is you don't have to "diet" here. The steps to success on MFP:
    1. Plug in your stats
    2. Set the loss to 1 pound per week (this keeps it slow and steady)
    3. Honestly track/log your calorie intake (weigh your food)
    4. Pre-log your calories for the day so there are no surprises
    5. Stay as close to your goal number of calories as you can (find the foods that keep you full and happy)
    6. Add in exercise when you can according to your comfort level

No need to eat "diet" foods. Many posters on here have found great success keeping fatty, high calorie foods as part of their diet because they keep them within their goals.
  • Decapins
    Decapins Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    try intermittent fasting
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Decapins wrote: »
    try intermittent fasting

That is a very general statement. Why don't you add some explanation of why you think it would work for her?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    6gkdvrxepz8q.jpg
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    OP, how many weeks/months postpartum are you? Are you breastfeeding?

• BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    breastfeeding helped alittle and not intaking so many calories, Running lots and eating healthy and I was able to lose the baby weight in 9 months, but tummy was still alittle flabby but hey *kitten* happens after you have kids lol
  • jmartin1219
    jmartin1219 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How many months post partum are you? Hang in there. I saw a huge improvement in the second year after pregnancy. At my son’s 2nd birthday party I was rocking my skinny jeans lol. Tummy was tighter and flatter too. Then I decided to have another baby so here I am again! Just try to eat at a modest deficit and move more. You got this!
  • Maggieba
    Maggieba Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    First of all, be kind to your body. You've just birthed a little human.
    Second, hormones do wild things to your body.

You will read post from woman who breastfed and the weight just "melted off." I wished to be one of those women, but I fall into the other end of the spectrum - can't lose the last 15 pounds until I stop breastfeeding. After nursing 3 babies, I found my supply would noticeably dip if I ate below maintenance. So I prioritized making good food choices, ate my fibrous veggies, weighed and logged my food, and got into a good workout routine, fell in love with lifting weights and the visible changes it made in my body.

At 6 months post partum when baby started eating solids, I tried cutting calories. I was diligently weighing and logging everything. I should have been losing about a pound a week, but the scale was barely moving. It wasn't worth it, so I went back to maintenance.

When I stopped nursing at about a year, there was a visible whoosh effect within 2 weeks. So much so that my 65 year old neighbor commented on the difference.

People will post charts and cite "calories in - calories out; weigh all your food, etc, " and most of the time I agree. I have lost weight that way and believe in that process. But.... the pregnancy/ nursing hormones effect each of us differently.

Give yourself time. Enjoy your baby.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Maggieba wrote: »
    First of all, be kind to your body. You've just birthed a little human.
    Second, hormones do wild things to your body.

You will read post from woman who breastfed and the weight just "melted off." I wished to be one of those women, but I fall into the other end of the spectrum - can't lose the last 15 pounds until I stop breastfeeding. After nursing 3 babies, I found my supply would noticeably dip if I ate below maintenance. So I prioritized making good food choices, ate my fibrous veggies, weighed and logged my food, and got into a good workout routine, fell in love with lifting weights and the visible changes it made in my body.

At 6 months post partum when baby started eating solids, I tried cutting calories. I was diligently weighing and logging everything. I should have been losing about a pound a week, but the scale was barely moving. It wasn't worth it, so I went back to maintenance.

When I stopped nursing at about a year, there was a visible whoosh effect within 2 weeks. So much so that my 65 year old neighbor commented on the difference.

People will post charts and cite "calories in - calories out; weigh all your food, etc, " and most of the time I agree. I have lost weight that way and believe in that process. But.... the pregnancy/ nursing hormones effect each of us differently.

Give yourself time. Enjoy your baby.

Yes to this! I experienced the same as this poster with my first baby (11years ago). I had gained 55 lb and I struggled to lose the weight. The weight didn’t come off until I weaned my son at one year, then bam, I lost so much in a short period that people were “worried.”

With my second child (5.5 months old), the weight is “falling off” with breastfeeding this time around even though I’m older and I didn’t gain that much with this pregnancy. Go figure.
    I’ll echo what previous posters have said, be good to yourself and enjoy your baby. I wish I hadn’t wasted that energy and stressed so much 11years ago because it wasn’t worth it.