new,in need of help

Options
Hey im Sammie im 20 and live in the uk.

Last year i managed to lose weight and keep it down with exercise and healthy eating.Unfortunatly i have now put the weight back on as i have a unknown condition where i am in chronic pain and i can not do excercise at the moment.I struggle lifting things and after walking just 1/2 a mile i am in quite severe pain.could anyone suggest some gentle excercise to me that could make it easier to plan my daily routine,swimming has been considered but to be honest i am not the strongest of swimmers

Replies

• amberina812
    amberina812 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You could try yoga? I've heard it works really well and as far as i know there isnt any lifting involved! Good luck and I hope you start feeling better :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    you don't have to swim laps--try treading water, water walking/aerobics...if you have any joint issues you should seek out a warm water or therapy pool as that will be easier on your body...

yoga would be another good exercise to try...

but maybe you need to get medical clearance first if you're in that much pain?
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Pilates is also good. A good instructor will take your condition into consideration and make sure you are moving correctly and doing the right amount that your body can currently handle. Good luck :smile: