Starting over for the last time. Training for 1st Spartan Race

Options
Hey everyone! After a 6 year hiatus I am back. Just finished a divorce, work is settling down and I am 3 months away from my 31st birthday. So, I thought, there isnt a better way to start off my 31st year than going out of my comfort zone and doing a spartan race! Great way to motivate me. I'm honestly scared and worried I'll get there and not be able to do 1/2 of the obsticals. I don't have any support from friends on this. So, I am doing it all on my own which makes it even more scary for me because I am also fighting an unhealthy eating habit. I DONT EAT! All day i just pound the pavment and dont stop until I can't work any more. Then when I finally eat...I eat. Lol I don't sleep and I don't drink much if any water all day. Sugar free Redbull and coffee consume me. Then I just dont make time for myself. I put work before anything. I've realized that work..is my excuse. I make myself so busy that I am too busy to workout and eat right. Too busy to hang out with friends. Too busy to live life. I am over that excuse.

I am hoping to find motivation and workout accountability partners here at MFP. Let's make this year our best year yet!

Have a great day, loves!

Replies