Macro % suggestion

Looking to loose body fat but wan to do it with a balanced diet (lifestyle change). I'm not that active unless you consider walking an exercise. I'm 6'2" and at about 221, want to loose 1.5 - 2 pounds a week until I get around 215. At 210 I will still like to loose about a pound to 1.5 a week.
Right now I'm at 1500 calories with Macros set at Pro 40% - Fat 35% and Carbs at 25%.
Thanks for the help y'all!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2018
    You can go with MFP's default - 50C, 30 F, 20P unless you feel hungry, weak or lethargic. But you should up your calories - 1500 is for the shortest and leanest guys.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,334 Member
    Who suggested you set your macros that way? No way I'd be able to (or want to) fit in that much protein and that few carbs.

I'm with kommo. The defaults are much easier and leave me feeling better (and less expensive.)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Why so much protein?

Seconding upping your calories...I'm eight inches shorter and female and I eat 2000 a day to lose.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I think you’re carbs are too low IMO. Carbs are our main source of energy, your brain likes carbs, and they are a quicker source of energy. Not all carbs are equal but carbs are important. You probably only need .7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass (not total weight). I would lower protein and up carbs some.

Some people do better on lower carb diets (more satiated, less tendency to overeat certain foods)
  • Snowdusk
    Snowdusk Posts: 36 Member
    I feel and look the best at about 25% fat - the rest can be whatever XD I find it easier to lose weight (waaaay easier) when I reduce the fat to at least this amount. Just my experience ;)
  • Texas_Don
    Texas_Don Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you all! I will look into this much deeper! Thanks again!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    KISS - Keep it simple stupid
    A motto I live by. Put your stats in here with a weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week. Keep the macros as they are. Try to keep close to those macros and calories given but you don't need to be exact. If you find you are hungry often up protein and/or fat a bit while reducing carbs and see if that makes a difference.
  • Texas_Don
    Texas_Don Posts: 22 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    KISS - Keep it simple stupid
    A motto I live by. Put your stats in here with a weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week. Keep the macros as they are. Try to keep close to those macros and calories given but you don't need to be exact. If you find you are hungry often up protein and/or fat a bit while reducing carbs and see if that makes a difference.

I like it! Thank you all very much!