Best Protein Shake

Options
Which one is you favorite protein shake?

Replies

• paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy MRM's protein powders! Also Orgain's are delicious!
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find one that actually tastes good, all the ones I've tried is gross
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I use body fortress chocolate and I mix in some pb fit... I was honestly afraid to drink protein shakes Because I've heard they are disgusting... I actually find it to be quite tasty. I use almond milk and half a banana in it too
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m a big fan of chaos and pain protein powders. I tend to stick to the vanilla because it’s a very blank canvas. It shakes up nicely in milk, and blends well with almost any combo of fruit
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Core Power for premade. Isopure Whey Isolate and chocolate milk if I make it myself.
  • Shadowfox429
    Shadowfox429 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    True athlete Whey Protein has been my go to!
    All natural and great taste!
  • hsterling80
    hsterling80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find any of them r so much better if u add a tsp of peanut butter and a banana. Makes it tastes like a chocolate shake.
  • edensacresskr
    edensacresskr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Vega All In One French Vanilla mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grass protein superfood. Veggie based protein is a little easier to digest for me. The vanilla is delicious and I'm not big on shakes. I'll tell you that it doesn't smell good from the container but when it's mixed it's very good. Only 4 carbs but 20g of protein!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Premier protein pre-made shakes from Sam's club have been my go-to's lately. The powder and the bars have higher calories but the premade have 30g protein and 160 calories each and are actually very tasty and filling. They're high fat, though, so be mindful.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The best is the one you like the most. Since I've limited my choices to those on the shelf at my nearby Wal-Mart which scores a middling value on the bodybuilding.com list, I'll refrain from endorsing. The bodybuilding.com list is freaking awesome.
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Core Power Banana, they should pay me for the amount of times I have raved and recommend this delicious shake, I have it delivered from amazon monthly.
  • 4EverHealthyNFit
    4EverHealthyNFit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the comments.

Recently I have been using Vega because it is supposed to organic and based on plant protein, plus one shake has around 170 calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks all for the comments.

Recently I have been using Vega because it is supposed to organic and based on plant protein, plus one shake has around 170 calories.

Just an aside, organic doesn't make it healthier and if you are going to choose a plant based ones, go with soy based, especially since it has a higher leucine content (amino acids that drives muscle protein synthesis). Otherwise, you are going to get better amino acid profiles from a whey.

I like Muscle Pharm, Quest, and a few others. In general, a good protein is going to have around 25 to 30g.
  • russnzella
    russnzella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Protien Milkshakebar....no funky aftertaste and its not grainy. My favorite flavor so far is rocky road...very good!
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I just tried a very tasty one from Amino Army (a brand I had not heard of before) it's vanilla and pear flavoured and I like it better than any straight up vanilla shakes that I've tried
  • nadean1980
    nadean1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @aeloine same here, I drink the pre-made premier protein shakes. How much are they at Sam’s club? I’ve bought them at Castoc at $24.99 for an 18 pack and $16.49 at Bj’s for a 12 pack. I love these shakes!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    nadean1980 wrote: »
    @aeloine same here, I drink the pre-made premier protein shakes. How much are they at Sam’s club? I’ve bought them at Castoc at $24.99 for an 18 pack and $16.49 at Bj’s for a 12 pack. I love these shakes!

$16.66 on their web site for a 12 pack. This is my first time getting them.
    I'm not an avid lifter or anything, so I'm just looking to up my protein on a calorie "budget".
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    if you are going to choose a plant based ones, go with soy based, especially since it has a higher leucine content (amino acids that drives muscle protein synthesis). Otherwise, you are going to get better amino acid profiles from a whey.

I like Muscle Pharm, Quest, and a few others. In general, a good protein is going to have around 25 to 30g.

Do you know of any studies showing that it matters in practice (particularly intervention studies)? What you say is theoretically the case, but in practice, I'm not sure there's good data on statistically significant improvements based on whey vs pea.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4307635/

Note: Potential conflict of interest, but the study design does seem reasonably sound

Similarly (but no declared coi) -- and this is interesting because it was a negative result (the data didn't support their hypothesis):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5622732/
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    My protein. Good profile, great taste, good value as they always seem to be running specials on their website.