Best water bottle?

Options
I'm looking for a leak - proof water bottle that is dishwasher safe. I've had several plastic ones that warp and/or leak, so I'm thinking of going in the glass or stainless steel direction. Any suggestions?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    I've used stainless or aluminum ones for 15+ years. I don't know if they would get clean enough for me in the dishwasher, and they do have a rubber/silicone seal so it may be damaged with to much heat. I bought a bottle brush at the dollar store. I have three bottles so one is always in the dish rack. A little soapy water and a drop of bleach and they're good!
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    I got this one last summer: https://www.amazon.com/Ello-Syndicate-BPA-Free-Glass-Bottle/dp/B00BUTN4ZI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515968161&sr=8-4&keywords=water+bottle+ello

I was sick of plastic ones that seemed to get really gross and never felt clean after a while. It says it's dishwasher safe, though I've never put it in the dishwasher. I wouldn't necessarily call it "leak-proof" - the button that clicks open the top can be easily pushed, so you can't throw it in a bag or something. But I can turn it upside-down and shake it and it doesn't leak. I've used it ever day since buying, I like it.
    (I found it at Meijer, if you have those stores)
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love my hydroflask water bottle! I would definitely recommend that!
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I’ve fallen in love with the steel. It taste so much cleaner. Plastic is disgusting
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I reuse my voss big glass water bottle. It was on special at woolies for $2
  • BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My Nalgene has served me for several years and put up with a lot of abuse. I put it in the freezer half-full most nights, drop it multiple times a day, throw it in my work bag without leaks, etc.