Healthy wraps for lunch.

Options
dianem553
dianem553 Posts: 4 Member
Im getting bored with the normal ham/chesse sandwiches etc Has anyone got any good tasty and healthy filling ideas for wraps needs to be high protein. TIA

Replies

• strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Do you like tuna? I love to mix the flavored tuna packets (I think they are 15g of protein) with avocado and a slice of cheese. It's even better if you can warm it up on the stove so the cheese melts
  • SCRN2019
    SCRN2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You should look on Pinterest ! That’s where I get most of my recipes!! Most of the recipes are so good! Although, I do read other people’s comments to see if they liked it before trying it myself!
  • hookahbinx
    hookahbinx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tuna with light mayo. Add pickles, tomato and lettuce. Along with a wheat low carb wrap it comes to about 200 calories
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I use chicken a lot. Little bit of paprika and garlic salt, or cajun spice on the meat and wok it with a load of peppers, onions, veg, mushroom - whatever you like. Or add salad after.
    Nice hot or cold and take around 10 mins to cook the chicken through

or as others have said, tuna mayonnaise. I add spring onions for crunch and flavour. :)
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used the whole wheat wraps, put a little tzatziki, provolone, sliced turkey, sliced tomato and some spinach. Voila! (Don't make these too far in advance otherwise the tzatziki makes the wrap a little mushy.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I take a garden salad with either chicken or tuna and throw it in a wrap. Although I try and watch how often i do this since the wrap is usually 150 calories for the large whole wheat wraps so that's a killer right there.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I make wraps for lunch almost every day at work. They're one of those foods that's customizable enough that I don't get bored of them, and I love them enough to eat them all the time! My local store brand has a whole wheat tortilla that's 110 calories, and I push them to the limits for how many veggies I can get in them.

Some of my favorite combinations:
    -Deli turkey with red pepper hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber.
    -Grilled chicken, romaine, parmesan, and Caesar dressing
    -Refried beans, cheese, salsa, lettuce, and sour cream (OK, more of a taco... but it's still delicious! I throw everything in a bowl and wrap it up at work)
    -Veggie wrap with green peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, beans, and Italian dressing.

I love adding black beans or pinto beans to them to up the protein, and I play around with different sauces to make them not boring. I use a lot of spicy mustard, balsamic vinegar, and lite salad dressings and just add them at work to keep them from being soggy.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I eat this all the time...

turkey wrap with herb roasted turkey, lettuce, tomato, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, spicy mustard, banana peppers

Huge and filling for <200 calories
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I make omelette wraps - a two egg omelette (with fillings of your choice) fits perfectly into a wrap.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I made this tuna salad (no mayo) recipe today and put it in a wrap with some mixed greens and tomato, and it was delicious! It came out to 30g of protein and 350 calories for the wrap, but I also ate the entire salad instead of just 1 serving.

https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/
  • sshigo
    sshigo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Been really liking lettuce wraps lately. I cook up lean ground turkey with onion and garlic and finely chop up mushrooms, sauté them up and mix them with the turkey. You can add a little bit of coconut aminos to act as the soy sauce (but you can definitely use regular soy sauce). Then I put them into big pieces of lettuce and wrap them up. You can definitely add more veggies and sriracha is yummy on the top for a little spice! They are good hot or cold!
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I worked in a small town with a coffee shop that served awesome lunch sandwiches and wraps. One of my favorites was their veggie...a spinach wrap, slathered in hummus, with leaf lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumbers and mushrooms. Served with pretzel crisps!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    So many good options out there!

1 scrambled egg, 2 slices of bacon, cottage cheese, chunky salsa, sautéed spinach
    roast beef, feta cheese, sautéed mushroom, grilled onions, red bell pepper, spinach
    quinoa, hummus, tomato, roasted broccoli, balsamic
    chicken sausage, mozzarella, grilled zucchini, marinara
    veggie burger, cheddar cheese, black beans, bbq sauce, lettuce, grilled onions

enjoy!
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love using rice paper instead of wraps. All the same fillings but fewer cals spent on the "vehicle" = more protein + veg!