Hungry After Dinner ☹️

Options
I have been so hungry after dinner lately. I would appreciate any ideas for snacks that won't sabotage my diet. :)

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits in your calorie goals. If you don't have any left, try saving a few for the evenings. I like saving some for a small treat. Small bowl of ice cream, some nuts, pudding.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit (100-125 calories) and a small hot chocolate (60 calories) are on the menu for me tonight. The fruit is for the hunger (because fibre and stuff) and the hot chocolate is for me...
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. What about Gogurt , the yogurt in the tube? Would that be O.K. ? :)
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I like to have a Quaker apple cinnamon or caramel rice cake for dessert/after dinner snack. They're actually pretty tasty, and only 50 calories, no fat, 11 carbs, and 3 grams of sugar.
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can always try more liquids such as tea, decaf, etc so long as there aren’t really any calories. You might just be thirsty.

Another thought might be to look at your food logs and figure out if you are eating anything that has more calories than it is worth. You could maybe find lower calorie foods to substitute or even fill yourself up with more veggies.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. What about Gogurt , the yogurt in the tube? Would that be O.K. ? :)

Why wouldn't it be? I'll often have one of Dannon's Fit & light Greek yogurts for 80 calories (pumpkin pie and tiramisu are my favorite).

Depending on what kind of hunger we're talking about here, and if you want to be eating that late, I've had success with moving dinnertime a little later (6:30-7).
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hubby often has a bowl of oatmeal or popcorn in the evening.

And I second the hot beverage idea, especially this time of year. Sipping on it keeps me busy and the volume keeps me full-feeling.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i love nectarines and bananas, or celery with peanut butter, or yogurt with some granola
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    Can you count decaf coffee as part of your water intake? :)
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My go to snack- dry roasted edamame. Macros are awesome and a reasonable 184 calories.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    In the cold months I feel the same. what worked for me is I have a snack close to "dinner time" around 5 or so then I eat regular dinner around 7 & have saved enough calories to eat 500-600 or more. I have a filling dinner & have snack right after & just drink hot tea till bed time.
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the great ideas. :)