Ok I’m started..now I need support

Options
newmebp
newmebp Posts: 30 Member
53 yo dad needing to lose 100+ lbs that I’ve been carrying for twenty years. Logged for 12 days

Replies

• JASONDEANGELOX
    JASONDEANGELOX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We started at the same time :D Also a dad, trying hard this year to loose weight so I can keep up with my baby girl, you have my support let's do this :)
  • tibby1971
    tibby1971 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A 47 year old mom here. I need to lose 45 lbs.
  • DontWeightForMe
    DontWeightForMe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm on day 3 & also need MFP friends support!
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add/send friend request if you like (that includes everyone here). I am not perfect with eating and my workouts but I am trying to be more consistent and approach this from a long term perspective versus short term. If I can be consistent over time, I believe things can be achieved.
  • Dangitbrian
    Dangitbrian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You got this! Hardest part is starting and you’ve done that!
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well done and welcome! :smiley: Add me as a friend if you like. :)
  • PennyHelle
    PennyHelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    50 years old started 11 days ago. Welcome to send me friend request. Let's do this together.
  • chrissiehull1
    chrissiehull1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm 36 mum who needs to shape up. Im inspired by the variety of people who are trying so hard. Keep it up!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    48 year old mom-Well free to add me! The hardest part is starting!
  • newmebp
    Options
    Great responses and encouragement. Sending friend requests! Thanks to all!
  • bandb678
    bandb678 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish. Good on you for logging on.
  • newmebp
    Options
    Adding lots of supportive mfp’s. I like seeing others reach goals and I appreciate when some have to get back up after a tumble. We can make changes each day! Join me- just one day at a time. “Next thing you know.... I’ll be livin in a van down by the river” lol.
  • MsBmfp
    MsBmfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I need support too! These stops and starts are frustrating! Sending you a friend request.
  • fat_engineer
    fat_engineer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I’m also a dad trying to keep up with my young daughter. She’s 2.5 and runs laps around me.
  • joprice1803
    joprice1803 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im 39 mum to 1 with 9kgs to lose hitting the big 40 soon and determined to keep making positive changes before life passes me by
  • Southpawcj
    Southpawcj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m just starting too! I think I have like 2 friends lol.
  • drjackphd
    drjackphd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. Hate to be cliché but take it one day at a time and don't get hung up on too many details. Find a program that you feel comfortable with, call it a "meal plan" as anything that begins with die (diet) can have negative connotations. By the way, I am 70 years old have logged in for 351 consecutive days. Some productive, some I allow the fast food industry to dictate, but I don't quit and I know you won't either. Every ounce is a victory.
  • Southpawcj
    Southpawcj Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ! You are doing great! 351 days....that’s awesome and inspiring for me! I just turned 53. I live in the Foothills of the Smoky Mountains and country cookin is what I’ve always eaten. It’s hard to change but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve gained more and more each year. This must stop! I want to be healthy and feel good about myself again. Hopefully as you say...every ounce can be my victory too.
  • BreannaB473
    BreannaB473 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend!
  • BrianString
    BrianString Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me. 43 y/o Dad. Joined up in December and looking for the same. Want to be healthy so I can participate with my kids (5, 11, and 15) and live long enough to see a grandkid come from the youngest. Retired Army trying to get back to where I used to be at 25-32. Currently 212 lbs from 254 in June '16. Whittling 1 lb away at a time to reach one of two goals. Get down below 190 or old man greek god body,,,LOL. I'm thinking Zeus minus a full head of hair.