HCG Diet

Options
Hi,

Is anyone else here currently doing HCG Phase 2 - would love to be able to exchange ideas about types of food and preparation to avoid the boredom and swap experiences etc.

thanks
Rosalind

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You won't get any support here for this dangerous starvation diet, and it's against the community guidelines to promote it.
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what you were talking about, but a quick google and after a couple ads, this is the first article:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/hcg-diet/faq-20058164

I stopped reading after seeing "So why has there been so much talk about the HCG diet? Perhaps it's because the diet recommends severe calorie restriction — typically just 500 to 800 calories a day." Because it sounds like you may be setting yourself up for failure.

I figured that had to be a joke, but then I went to the actual website. There are MULTIPLE threads on these forums that explain why its a bad idea to go on a very low calorie diet. You may lose now, but it will come back because something like that isn't maintainable through your life. There are easier ways to do this, and I hope you will reconsider. May I suggest the book New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. Its 12 dollars, and a lot cheaper than 99$ drops of 'pregnancy hormones' that are labeled as a homeopathic.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    why would anyone want to eat only 500cals a day?

and its beyond me why anyone would want to have HCG in their system in less they were actually pregnant, them hormones can send ya crazy, Iv had 5 babies, I know lol
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    The HCG diet is considered a VLCD (very low calorie diet) that is unsafe. Please reconsider this unwise choice.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    You do understand that eating a calorie deficit also causes weight loss without having to buy "HCG" and maintain a dangerously low calorie intake. Weight loss shouldn't cost you anything but taking the time to understand how to do it right.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm writing to let you know that our Community Guidelines (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines) prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Our guidelines prohibit any use of Groups or the Public Forums to support the use of HCG.

With respect,
    4legs
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.