Filling, low cal, nutrient rich foods?

Options
I need suggestions please! When it gets to "that time" of the month I just get HUNGRY! So I'm like constantly eating, and as much as I try to stick to healthy foods, I still go over on calories, sodium, etc.

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    spinach? it's the only thing i can think of..i get that way too though.
  • AmberYZ
    AmberYZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can have a ridiculous amount of veggies for almost no calories (cucumbers, peppers, etc). It's just too bad no one craves vegetables. Your best bet would be to just exercise insanely so you can have the extra calories to eat.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, green veggies. [:

Brocolli is my FAVOURITE when I feel like I want to eat a TON.

With a big glass of water, I can get FULL.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    all sorts of veggies... Sweet potato is good, butternut squash, something starchy like that... or yogurt. I enjoy the yocrunch or whatever they are.. the yogurt with granola.
  • nebgurl
    nebgurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Baked Zucchini Fries!, Spinach, roasted peanuts mixed with raisins (for a snack), I even have a huge sweet tooth so I try to experiment with the low-cal drink powders or strawberries. :wink:
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Plain Fage Greek Yogurt with a bit of stevia and sliced strawberries. I put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make it extra thick.
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have a small salad with some hard-boiled eggs, or I make some smoked-paprika almonds :)
  • carmillablk
    carmillablk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you craving? Depending on what you crave it may indicate that your body is running low on vitamins or/and minerals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpW1ujYHZ9A&feature=channel_video_title
    A funny and interesting little video on cravings.
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm craving anything particular... just hungry.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions please! When it gets to "that time" of the month I just get HUNGRY! So I'm like constantly eating, and as much as I try to stick to healthy foods, I still go over on calories, sodium, etc.

YUM YUM YUM!
    http://www.bluebunny.com/Search/Products/q/Lifestyle_Options
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Pop corn! It has fiber...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Plain Fage Greek Yogurt with a bit of stevia and sliced strawberries. I put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make it extra thick.
    This! You can also add sugar free pudding mix and get a really creamy mousse-like treat.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm craving anything particular... just hungry.

Maybe you just need to eat a little more during that time. Someone posted a thing earlier that some women burn a lot more calories during their TOM and they tried an experiment where they ate maintenance during that week and lost. Maybe you should just go ahead and eat a little more.

Also, you can try some skim milk (or almond milk) for a low cal full feeling. Eggs are good too -- eggs have TONS of nutrients as long as you eat the yolk and are low in calories but high in protein. an egg or two and a glass of skim milk should take care of any hungry feeling.