Haven’t had soda in 15 days

Options
I’m so excited have to get these 50 pounds away from me!!

Replies

• silkmouse
    silkmouse Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You're my hero. I drink a ton of diet soda a day. I know its terrible but its the only thing keeping me sane.
  • Cyclone2011
    Cyclone2011 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 15 for me too! Yay!
  • SportyKirsty
    SportyKirsty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i've not had soda for 8 days. Every day I manage without a carbonated drink I put £1 away so that at then end of each month I can treat myself to new gym kit or a nice meal out. Healthy obviously. So well done. PPL ask if ive had the shakes but I haven't. Have you experienced that??
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I used to drink a 20 oz. Coke almost every day with lunch up until about a month ago. The first couple days were tough just drinking water instead but the cravings dies down quickly after that.
  • DulcimerRick
    DulcimerRick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a year ago. It's the single best decision I ever made for my health. The first few days were rough....but I made it and you can also!
  • Cclovely22
    Cclovely22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..... It's been 10 days for me and I used to drink 2 liters everyday....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Well done!
  • AJR041407
    AJR041407 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome congrats. Soft drinks make one feel bloated and adds extra garbage to the body. Look at it this way. Coke is really good at cleaning battery terminals.
  • JannAtBeach
    JannAtBeach Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
    I gave up soda many years ago & I know it’s hard. I drink ice tea with Splenda & fresh lemon now & I love that better.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • brenroge61
    brenroge61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go I have 15 days in no pop
  • littlemissmomo
    littlemissmomo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • Latachanamom
    Latachanamom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl me too and the struggle is real.. I got a nasty cold and it is the only thing I want right now.. I am fighting it. Stay strong..
  • adarba
    adarba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Never really liked soda, I just love bread, pasta, pizza... wish I could give that up easily...
  • Southpawcj
    Southpawcj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! That’s fabulous!!!! I’m addicted to Diet Dr Pepper. How did you motivate yourself to stop?
  • Quatchkopf
    Quatchkopf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink a 2 liter a day of Diet Dr. Pepper and I would like motivation to stop as well. A lot of times while drinking it I think to myself this don't even taste good and I'm going to stop but later in the day I just got to have it. I forced myself to switch from regular Dr. Pepper 2 liters a day. It would make the shins of my legs turn a bright shiny red color and be very warm to the touch. Guess I was getting too much sugar or something.
  • FistGrenade
    FistGrenade Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Quitting soda is no easy task
  • megorski
    megorski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 15 days for me as well. I feel so much better without them and find myself craving water now!!!
  • Esper17
    Esper17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome!