Coming off keto

Options
So, I tried keto with my husband. He lost 50 pounds. Me, nothing. Not even a budge. I've been sticking with it for over three months now but I find my training is terrible and I want my strength back. He's a sedentary person and I on the other hand work out constantly. Due to a recent miscarriage I'm assuming my body is just in havoc mode. Does anyone have suggestions on how to go back to my old eating habits? Without the massive gain in weight?

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Start eating at your MFP maintenance calories (or deficit of you're trying to lose) and be prepared for some water weight gain, which should even out in a couple of weeks.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories, keto or not.

Grab a digital food scale, enter your stats into MFP and set it to lose 1lbs a week (or whatever your preference is), then eat the calories they tell you to. Log everything solid on your scale, log liquids with measuring cups. That's all there is to it. :)
  • Archaeologicals
    Archaeologicals Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss. Big hugs.

Continue eating at a deficit (if you’re still looking to lose fat) but add carbs back in. You will see a jump on the scale but it’s just water weight, not fat stores, and it will even out in a few weeks.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    As others have said I would set your MFP goals to the amount you want to lose per week and your stats and start eating that amount of calories and slowly introduce more carbs back in. You'll most likely see a jump in the scale due to water weight, but again, that will even out in a few weeks! Probably around the same time your hormone levels start to regulate as well. Don't get discouraged if the scale moves up, because as long as you're eating the given number of calories you're doing it right! I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know that is a very devastating feeling and I'm sending you and your family big hugs.