My Food Diary

Options
Hi! I'm Kayla, and I am new here. Can some of you look at my food diary and tell me what you think? This is the first time ever that I have paid a lot of attention to what I eat and measuring everything out and logging it. So I am getting used to eating a lot healthier, but it's taking some time. I have breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, and dinner and sometimes a snack after that but sometimes I am STILL hungry. Is that because my body is craving that crap that I used to eat before? Will this pass, as I get used to eating this way? And I tend to always be over on my Fat allowance too. =( Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I think you need to watch the fat but u know that :) Might want to try to do more natural foods like upping the fruit, that really helped me..Also keep an eye on sodium, drinking more water can help with the hunger pangs..feel free to add me if ud like :)
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It sucks that I started doing this with barely any food in the house and am so far from payday! =P When I finally go grocery shopping for food I think my diary will defnitely change and I will be better at it. I've gotten so many ideas for food by looking on the forum! I drink between 8-13 8oz cups of water a day. I completely cut out soda and am on day 7 of not having any - however I had a teeny tiny glass of it a day or so ago.

I never knew how much calories & fat was in food, I don't even wanna KNOW how much I was eating before this. Ugh!! It's crazy, because even eating pretty good stuff I am going over my numbers. I will defnitely buy a lot of fruit next time I'm at the store! Thank you! =)
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you are still hungry then you probably need more lean protein and complex carbs or healthy whole grains. I agree with the above, cut out the sodium and eat reduced fat. It looks like you are eating enough at lunch or dinner. White flour and sugary products will make you hungry. Feel free to add me as well.
  • kayler00
    Options
    If you are still hungry then you probably need more lean protein and complex carbs or healthy whole grains. I agree with the above, cut out the sodium and eat reduced fat. It looks like you are eating enough at lunch or dinner. White flour and sugary products will make you hungry. Feel free to add me as well.

I just googled lean protein & complex carbs and have written a list to take with me to go shopping! I will def be buying more of that. Thank you!! =)

Also I guess I should be proud of myself because atleast I am not eating like I was! It's an improvement for sure. =P
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking the SlimFast shakes. . . . They are trash. Try a high-fiber, low-sugar cereal with fresh fruit for breakfast. Or eggs.
  • kayler00
    Options
    Stop drinking the SlimFast shakes. . . . They are trash. Try a high-fiber, low-sugar cereal with fresh fruit for breakfast. Or eggs.

Are there any shakes that you would recommend for a quick breakfast?

I did have eggs today. I will do cereal next time. Thank you!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I am actually not a fan of shakes in general, so I would advise just ditching them. BUT there are some people on these boards who are really into them. Try creating a new topic if you want some direction :)

Annie's, Barbara's, Food for Life, Kashi, and Cascadian Farms all have great, tasty, high fiber cereal options. Also, if you live near a Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, or Fresh Market, they carry some excellent choices as well. I steer completely clear of the big name brands.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I wanted to add more, but I was on my phone earlier. It's hard to type.

The shakes aren't good. What about making smoothies? Low fat yogurt, fruit and ice in a blender.

Add chicken breast, hard boiled egg, walnuts to your salad to satisfy your hungry. They have protein and nuts have healthy fats. If you calories per day is 1500 try eating around 400 calories per meal and add snacks that are around 100 calories. Snack ideas: fruit, veggies (you can a eat lot and most don't have a lot of calories)., apples with peanut butter, nuts, yogurt, low fat cottage cheese.

Don't deprive yourself too much or all at once, it sometimes back fires. One day at time and small steps. It took me a long time to really understand what to eat and what not to eat. I made small changes gradually. I still have bad things, but not often, and when I do I keep the portion small. I have ice cream today, but a very small portion of it. If I didn't allow them, I would binge and just go way over board. ;-)

You will get there!