trying to be skinny not obese

Options
Im trying real hard to do my best to lose the weight, its so hard. Ive been doing everything I can.

Replies

• vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, and log on here every day. You will be successful. There are so many inspirational and helpful people here.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Youve got this! Just stay focused! This is coming from someone who took wayyyy longer to lose my weight than I wanted to but now I realize losing it slow was the best thing I could do. it gave my mind time to catch up with my new body! Keeping it off for 10+ years now. Add me for support, if youd like!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In the same way that it takes years of overeating in becoming overweight it will probably take years to safely get back to a healthy weight.
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Joining is a great start, so congrats on that! Pretty soon it will all become second nature, and part of your life. I've been on here for over 2 months. I decided to join when my doctor, god bless him, told me i was obese. I thought, wtf, seriously!? I'm 5-6"/5-7" and weighed almost 165. Since, I have lost 15# and feel great! 10# more to go, but I know I can do it. It doesn't matter how big or small your goal is, we all are here for the same thing, and to support eachother! I was a little put off being called that but now I am happy he said it. Who knew being called obese could be so great! :) Best of luck to you and keep strong, think of how great you will look/feel!
  • FamilyRoots
    Options
    One day at a time! I agree with the poster above - it's ok to do it slowly. Make one change at a time if it seems too overwhelming to make huge changes all at once. It's taken my over 2 years to get where I am now, which is 10lbs from my goal weight. This site is a great tool! Use it!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You can do it, watch what you eat and exercise. I started not to long ago and found an amazing support group here. You can add me if you like
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Im trying real hard to do my best to lose the weight, its so hard. Ive been doing everything I can.

Hi Chizer, please don't take this the wrong way, but don't try to be skinny, but aim to be healthy and fit. Just because someone is skinny is doesn't mean they are healthy or fit.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Get pumped up because you are about to change your life!!! Welcome to this site and as long as you take it 1 day at a time, you'll be just fine! Try not to get overwhelmed... it takes a while to unlearn the food habits that got us here to begin with... just strive to get a little better every day and the success will snowball!
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options

Hi Chizer, please don't take this the wrong way, but don't try to be skinny, but aim to be healthy and fit. Just because someone is skinny is doesn't mean they are healthy or fit.

That is very true. It is not so much about the scale or what you see so much as how you feel. You will notice your body working better and thats how you know you are on the right track.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. No one gained all their weight overnight, and it surely won't come off overnight. However, if it did, we wouldn't need MFP. I've meet some great ppl here. This is very supportive place. The first stiep is that you've decided its time to lose weight, you joined MFP! :) Thats a great start!!! Keep it up...remember, one day at a time.