Just starting.

Options
I don’t know if anyone is even going to read this. I’m mostly doing this for myself. Maybe to feel like I’m not alone in my endeavor, maybe just to get it off my chest so I don’t have to vent to my boyfriend all the time.

Today is my day 1. Day 1 of a new diet and exercise routine. I joined Beachbody and shakeology because a friend of mine has had amazing results with it. It’s supposed to feel like a community with the app and the forum and the posting of things, and I know it’s only day 1, but I just don’t feel the support yet. It’s also early and I guess instant gratification isn’t the name of this game.

So I’m starting with this 21 day fix workout schedule. 3 weeks, half hour workouts every day. I took my measurements and man. I am sad. I weighed myself and I’ll admit. I cried a little. I woke up this morning, made a smoothie and powered through the half hour. I could only do the modified version of the workout. Baby steps, right? I’m just looking forward to when it feels like I can do it and push because I want to push my body, not because I’m trying to get through this half hour. Does that make sense? Am I alone in this feeling?

So I’ll push myself to be a better me. Day 1 is in the books. Only bought healthy food last night. I’m ready. I just hope I can stay as motivated when I’m in the middle of these 3 weeks......

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Best of luck to you and congrats on day 1.

Beachbody workouts are great at home workouts, but ShakeO is just gross and way overpriced. There is nothing special about it. You can get a better tasting protein supplement and take a multivitamin and ultimately save you money. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit and nothing more.

• KaylaFindsFitness
    KaylaFindsFitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Beachbody is a great start! Did she invite you to a facebook group? My friend is a coach and has a facebook group to posts eats for the day, motivation, etc. I had BOD for the past year and I liked Core de Force, Shift Shop and 3 week Yoga retreat. Try a little bit of everything on there because you never know what you are going to like.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I just wanted to send some words of encouragement as I am a lover of the Beachbody videos (I go for Insanity). I did try the shakeology thing many years ago, but I'm not a shake person, so not really my thing (but it has been great for people I know). As to Day 1 and forward, I am currently on day 163 and I totally remember and relate to you on day 1. I could barely get the warm up finished and modified EVERYTHING. But I kept pushing play every day, and logging with myfitnesspal on what I ate. All I can say is just keep pushing play and sticking with it. I've lost over 55 pounds now and I will tell you it has been a steady process since July 31st! I also cried when I got on that scale back in July, but you know what? I just kept going and eventually with persistence the weight did come off. Some weeks good, some slow, a week or two in there with no loss, but I kept going. Just take it day by day and know that the workouts will get easier if you keep pushing play. Now I do all the Max super hard Insanity workouts and I think I'm beating the gals on the videos, lol. You've got this!!! You can do it!!! I'm not any type of coach, but as someone who was just there (and working hard in the maintenance phase) I feel your pain, and just wanted to offer some encouragement.
  • SCRN2019
    SCRN2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m currently on day 6! Day one is always the hardest! I love Beachbody home workouts but I’ve never tried the shakes though.

I did insanity the whole way through last summer! Man, it was hard but I made it through and so can you!

Add me and we can encourage each other!
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! You already got through the hardest step which is taking the first step. As your body is exposed to the controlled stress response of the workouts, it'll adapt to make it easier. It'll be tough at first but it gets easier! Stick it out through those 3 weeks and the habit will set in and will be the new norm!
  • brenroge61
    brenroge61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 6 everything starts with a first step good luck