Go-To Meal Prep for Dinner

Options
Hi everyone! I’ve recently left weight watchers and wanted to explore using MFP. What are some of your go to meal preps for dinner that are also kid friendly? I’d be cooking for me and my soon to be 4yo. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Basically anything can be meal-prepped! Some recipes survive the freezer and reheating a bit better than others, though. My favourite things to prep are: soups, stews, chilis, quiches, casseroles, curries.

You can prep individual-size salads in mason jars and they'll keep fresh for a week if you layer the ingredients properly.
  • jacalynrose11
    jacalynrose11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old boy. We slowly (almost painfully) got to the point of trying new things! Not sure how picky your eater is, but the "terrible 2s" were oh so terrible when it came to feeding my child.

Meals I like to prepare for dinner:
    -Whole grain spaghetti/penne- i purree extra veggies and put it in the sauce. A little parmesan and no one knows!
    -chicken breasts, vegetable of choice, and roasted diced potatoes (I eat sweet, everyone else eats regular)
    -homemade Mac n cheese, whole grain noodles and pureed cauliflower mixed in
    -ham, cauliflower mashed potatoes, and green beans
    -zuchinni lasagna has also fooled my 5 year old! I didn't care for it but he loved it. Maybe worth checking out.

I've replaced ground beef with ground turkey as well with no problems.

Here's a website I've found pretty useful for healthy snacks and meals for my kids too!

https://www.superhealthykids.com
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    agreed on stews/chili its great in the winter to have a hot bowl of goodness and they are so individual you can customize them recipeless
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Back before I went veggie I used to make a big pot of turkey bolognese with zucchini, onion, corn etc once a week and freeze it. Then in the evenings I'd just make a pot of pasta, microwave or fry the sauce and top with a chopped up slice of low fat cheese.
    Not a huge effort to make on sundays and evening dinner done in ten minutes!