Introducing me

Options
Good morning all!
Happy MLK day! A great day to reflect, be thankful and set goals.
Welp. My daughter is getting married in June and I want to be a beautiful mother of the bride.
I started last summer but once my new job started I got sidetracked, stressed and slacked... so the wt I lost 22lbs) started coming back... I decided I needed some professional help. My medical plan will allow me to see a diet doctor. Her specialty is diabetes but thank God I’m not diabetic! She also refers to surgical weight loss but I’m not interested in that. She can prescribe meds but I don’t want meds! So far her recommendation was 1. Track food on my fitness pal, 2. Diet with low carbs 3. Some tests: blood work and fasting metabolic rate where you breath into a tube while fasting... so here I am only 5 lbs down and 3 weeks out. I only see her every 6 weeks. Next time I see her I have to weigh in the afternoon tho...

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great so far, losing almost 2 lbs a week is ideal.

I just try to remind myself that gaining weight didn't happen overnight and neither will losing it. And I can't undo years of bad habits in a couple weeks, but I can make some new, better habits.
  • meggiesroad
    meggiesroad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Very true! I feel very encouraged actually reading peoples blogs and experiences today. I walked and worked I. The yard. Tonight we have dance so will get lots of exercise in. Dinner plans are on track for success so feeling GOOD! Nothing like fast results but consistency is key... daily habits and daily discipline. I’m so excited and happy because I know I’m already healthier. ❤️