Alcohol, Overeating, and Trying to Change

Options
Anyone here have problems with drinking too much/stopping drinking? When I'm not drinking, I'm eating too much, drinking too much soda. I have a 2 month rec center membership from work, so I can workout before work. I am going to second shift again tomorrow.I am restarting MFP tomorrow with tracking food. I need friends on here. I am 31/F from TN..

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm a 31F from TN/KY border - hi! :) Joining Reddit's /stopdrinking sub has helped keep me focused! Lots of supportive people who know the struggle. Feel free to add me as well!

https://www.reddit.com/r/stopdrinking/
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Add me. I’ve been sober five years, but I understand the struggle, after drinking for 20. I have binge and snacking issues. It’s a mental strain for sure. There is an emotional eating group available but I do not know how to link.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    42 year old guy from Knoxville here. Before I started logging on MFP I would say I was drinking 6-8 drinks/night. I just began tracking two weeks ago, but what helped me cut down on drinking was simply the act of logging my alcohol consumption. (Lots of empty calories...) I will not say that I am not drinking again (though I haven't had a drink in about a week.) I have tried to start to adopt a "moderation is key" approach to my health and well-being. Add me if you like.
  • lucyj2016
    lucyj2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    42 year old guy from Knoxville here. Before I started logging on MFP I would say I was drinking 6-8 drinks/night. I just began tracking two weeks ago, but what helped me cut down on drinking was simply the act of logging my alcohol consumption. (Lots of empty calories...) I will not say that I am not drinking again (though I haven't had a drink in about a week.) I have tried to start to adopt a "moderation is key" approach to my health and well-being. Add me if you like.

Feeling the same as you. Well done on the week. Have you noticed difference? I have stoped drinking during the week and feel more focused during the daytime and sleep improved. Just need to see some weight loss now. Add me if you like
  • bellissimaluna
    bellissimaluna Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello! I love my wine, what can I say?!? But I got a stomach flu during the holidays and since then, I have only had a glass or two as opposed to two to three glasses a day... so I am going to use this period to try to take advantage of my lack of cravings. Please add me!
  • JenT1023
    JenT1023 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! Also trying to cut back on the party, it's hard! Trying to limit alcohol intake as well, feel free to add me. Positive motivation is key!
  • LPintheCity
    LPintheCity Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in graduate school which basically revolves around drinking and working. 2018 is all about balance for me and trying to take off the weight from the last two years. I'm taking a break from drinking until I can get my health under control. I just sent you an add!
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I drank waaaay too much over the holidays and packed on 10 lbs in that time. Not drinking for right now to cut down.