Body dismorphia

Options
For five years, I have struggled with body dismorphia. I rapidly lost 30ish lbs about 4 years ago. Everyone was telling my I was too thin, when previously people told me I was too fat. I am 5'4 and a half and I was about 107 lbs after my weight loss. For anyone struggling, just know that hurting yourself is never the answer. It is YOUR body, no one else's, which means no one can tell you how you should look. My low self esteem caused me to mess with my overall health, resulting in IBS, a slower metabolism and gaining back almost 40 lbs 5 years later. I'm working on losing the weight, but in a healthy way. For those of you who struggle with body image, remember to take care of yourself. You are more than your image, skinny doesn't mean pretty OR healthy.

Replies

• emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I truly understand your struggle. <3
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. I know its very personal and I think its sweet you are putting yourself out there with the hopes of helping others who find themselves with a similar mindset. I dont have body dysmorphia personally but Im painfully aware of how crippling insecurities can be and how they can compleyely take over your life. Im sorry you had such an awful experience last time you lost weight. I hope you are able to approach weight loss from a place of love and compassion this time and know you are not in this alone!
  • Pkov123
    Pkov123 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with body dysmorphia I think. I don't know whether I'm fat or thin sometimes.