tuna?

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
Does anyone have any tuna recipies? I occasionally make tuna noodle casserole and recently I have been making tuna burgers. But last night I couldn't finish it and just said yuck....I liked them when I first made them, but I don't know. I don't even make them all that often, but if I had to eat more one bite of it I think I would have thrown up. I can't think of anything else to do with tuna (aside from a sandwhich) and it's the only seafood I like and I'd like to get more fish in my diet.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tuna recipies? I occasionally make tuna noodle casserole and recently I have been making tuna burgers. But last night I couldn't finish it and just said yuck....I liked them when I first made them, but I don't know. I don't even make them all that often, but if I had to eat more one bite of it I think I would have thrown up. I can't think of anything else to do with tuna (aside from a sandwhich) and it's the only seafood I like and I'd like to get more fish in my diet.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    What I like is make tuna like you would for a sandwhich, throw in a can of corn and eat with crackers, I eat this for a snack sometimes
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    What I like is make tuna like you would for a sandwhich, throw in a can of corn and eat with crackers, I eat this for a snack sometimes

Oohhh! I like that too Sara_Rojo!

I also like to jazz up tuna with hard boiled egg & curry with either (I know this sounds weird, but it's so good!) finely chopped granny smith apples or sun-dried tomatoes!! The textures and the flavors are awesome!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will help
    can of tuna
    1/2 onion
    1 stalk of celery
    5 or 6 pickle chips
    tablespoon of lite mayo
    peppper to taste
    you can also put a chopped hard boil egg in it.
    When I have tuna i like jalopeano (not right) peppers on it
  • sarabear
    Options

Oohhh! I like that too Sara_Rojo!

I also like to jazz up tuna with hard boiled egg & curry with either (I know this sounds weird, but it's so good!) finely chopped granny smith apples or sun-dried tomatoes!! The textures and the flavors are awesome!

That sound AWESOME! I'm going to have to try some different combos! I usually just make it plain jane because my kids like it too, but I'll have to make it different sometime!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i like my tuna salad with grape halves... weird i know:blushing: but its good!
  • expressbug
    Options
    I like tuna salad but I mix in pineapple. Then I make an open faced sandwich with a slice of american cheese on top. Then you put it in the oven till the cheese melts and the bread is toasty. Yumm
  • sarabear
    Options
    i like my tuna salad with grape halves... weird i know:blushing: but its good!
    I do that with chicken salad, mmmmmmmmmm DELISH!:devil:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like to mix 1 can of tuna with 1 hard boiled egg, two tblspns of miracle whip light and serve on top of 1/2 of an avocado.

Calories=361
    Carbs=10
    Fat =18
    Protein=40
    Sodium=586
  • 1hotmama
    Options
    I'm really not one for cooking shows, but there is an educational one called Good Eats with Alton Brown as the host. He not only shows you multiple things to do with food (such as tuna), but educates you about the food and where it comes from.

I'm searching the web for the tuna episode, but can't seem to find it. It had some good things to do with tuna that were not the traditional tuna salad and tuna sandwich.
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    If it is fresh tuna in a fillet put it on the grill for a few minutes. Salt and black pepper, then squeeze a fresh lemon on it. It gives it a totally different flavor and it is really good.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I avoid tuna because of the high mercury content.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I got this from a hawaiin friend. it is the only way I can get my 2 kids to eat any kind of fish. Tuna Patties with rice
    2 cans tuna
    egg
    salt to taste
    lots pepper
    rice

mix all but rice together. Spray pan with cooking spray. Put spoonful of tuna in pan and smash into patties Cook on both sides until brown. Break it up over rice and enjoy! Simple, easy and delicious!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't like mayo, so my BF make me tuna salad on the dry side. Lots of mustard, chili sauce, horse radish, pickles and then depending on my calorie intake for the day I eat it on celery or wheat thins. It's spicy and good.