Side effects

Options
Has anyone noticed side effects from changing your eating habits? I've had headaches for about a week, I guess, maybe more. Dr thinks it could be caffeine related, but I honestly think it's from a multitude of issues. Crazy weather, temp changes, I had a respiratory issue 2-3 weeks ago (dr said nose and ears looked good) and I'm not eating as much junk food. I'm really about over this damn headache.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    If you have cut back on coffee, pop, or tea, it could be caffeine withdrawal.

Either wait it out, or reintroduce it and cut back on it slowly.

Have you reduced your salt or gone on a low cal diet? You may be retaining less water than you are use to.

Are you getting enough water, or too much? You don't have to drink gallons, but your pee should be pale straw coloured.

Have you started working out? Your electrolytes may be off- this applies to too much water and lower salt to.

Look back on what has changed in any of these areas and you may find your culprit.

Cheers, h.
  • kimsliselle
    kimsliselle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cut back (nearly out) soda. No conscious salt reduction, low calorie according to MFP suggestion. I am NOT getting enough water. Fairly certain that is a MAJOR contributor. No extra exercise program.

Thank you so much for the suggestions!
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So... did you go to the doctors because you had a headache?
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    If your like me and just dont drink enough water and have cut out some kinds of liquids, then yeh you might be dehydrated some. The old military things is the yellower the color of your pee then the more water you need to drink.It works for me. have you had blood work done? might be deficient in other things.
  • kimsliselle
    Options
    I'm due for a physical next month. I went for a blood pressure recheck. It's still high-ish, so they're putting me on something else.
  • kimsliselle
    Options
    So I drank like 4 bottles of water today, and miraculously, the headache has dissipated some. It's still there, but less. I don't know if it's the essential oil, or the water, or the meds, but either way, it's going away. It's a relief.