New on MFP looking for motivation for sport!

Options
Hello there all! I've been here for about a week, and I'm actually finding this to be very motivational for me. I'm not the exercise type and with myfitnesspal it's really helping me get the motivation I need to stay healthy! Anyone got more ideas as to getting ready for exercise everyday!? I love to cook too, so if you're looking for great recipes or want to share your own, ask me! It'll be my pleasure!

Replies

• mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I love cooking and have got some pretty good recipes as well
  • leahde1
    leahde1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I would love to share recipes as I love to cook. I just started on this site as well. I am mixing it up with cardio, walks, dunning, and P90X.
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Hello there all! I've been here for about a week, and I'm actually finding this to be very motivational for me. I'm not the exercise type and with myfitnesspal it's really helping me get the motivation I need to stay healthy! Anyone got more ideas as to getting ready for exercise everyday!? I love to cook too, so if you're looking for great recipes or want to share your own, ask me! It'll be my pleasure!

I would start off small with the exercise. If you jump in too far too fast you'll get way too sore and you will be less likely to stick with it. Lots of people have lost lost weight just by walking and eating right, so you don't have to run or anything too fast paced if you're not up to it (though, I used to hate running... but after you ease into it, it actually becomes pretty addictive). In my opinion, the most important thing about exercise is finding something you will enjoy. If it's something you dread doing you won't stick with it. If you like nature, start walking or hiking and go from there. If you enjoy dancing, try Zumba or find a salsa class you can take. If you want to swap recipes sometime, let me know. I've got some good ones, too!
  • leahde1
    leahde1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
  • benz1234
    benz1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love to cook as well. I have recently discovered Kettle Bell training. It is a great cardo and muscle toning exercising that is easy and can be done anywhere. Purchase a 15 lb kettle bell and check out free kettle bell workouts on the web. It really helps and is fun. Hope this helps
  • Emmaglorioso
    Options
    Hello! Wow so quick to answer! I'm falling inlove with MFP... I'm already biking a lot, and I've started to jogg, though I find it WAY to hard in the morning, therefore I always have to wait at then end of the day, preferably after supper, and the breeze is cool which makes it more nice to run. I can't do too much exercise because of a knee injury from skiing 4 years ago, which comes down to me not being able to do more than 30-45 minutes of biking and 20-30 minutes of running... I'm also a great fan of pastries! :) I cook a lot with quinoa flour because my mom is gluten intolerant, which makes the pastries much less hard on the digestion afterwards, you should try! After a while you don't really taste the difference :) And quinoa is great for our health, whole as a rice replacement too!