My transformation photos (and story)

Options
VitosWorld
VitosWorld Posts: 46 Member
edited January 2018 in Success Stories
haqcqvnirku6.jpg

EDITED

I want to be completely transparent here. My profile pictures are quite old.

In 1996, I went from chubby (235) to chiseled (175)... in a failed attempt to will Bill Phillip's shiny red Lamborghini Diablo... well that's a long story for another time.

Then I got fat again.

In 2001, there was a paid magazine ad and television commercial for a COMPLETELY UNNAMED PRODUCT.

DISCLAIMER: I would have achieved the same results with or without that product... because I worked out and ate right... duh...

Then I got fat again.

Somewhere around 2010, I won a couple hundred bucks in a "biggest loser" contest among several of my co-workers.

Then I got fat again.

Fast forward to today. I needed to "un-old and fat" myself. It didn't happen right away.

After feeling like absolute total crap and being my all time heaviest weight (245) earlier in 2017 with both high cholesterol and frighteningly high blood pressure, I got medicated and immediately started to feel better.

I began eating better and exercising more. Nothing overly drastic.

The weight started melting off. I currently weigh 194.

No attempt for any material possession, fame, or greed this time. I only want to be healthy and feel better. My motivation for once... seems to be pure.

With a continued modest one pound weight loss per week, I can look like Mr. After once again by this summer... with much less hair and many more wrinkles of course... at which time I will post current pics

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    amazing. good luck for getting to mr after again!
  • VitosWorld
    Options
    Thank you. It's not about any one meal or workout. It's about a general consistency over time.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to learn that and stick to that at the moment. So far so good but still early days!

May I ask you how many times you workout per week?
  • Whateverhh
    Whateverhh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    From dad to Chad
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow that is amazing. congrats
  • VitosWorld
    Options
    During my current program, I try to do at least 45 minutes of cardio every day... but it usually ends up being 5 or 6 days per week. However, probably twice I will return to the gym for a second session of 45 minutes of cardio. I lift maybe twice/week just to get a little pump since I doubt I really can gain any mass being that I am perilously close to 60.
  • VitosWorld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I had a similar thread that was deleted recently. I think it is because I showed a picture of the magazine ad from 2001 and some might have thought I was again endorsing the product or somehow spamming. This thread has the product edited out.
  • ketofire51
    ketofire51 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Forget about age....you should check out my friend: Rick_1953 He doesn't have the body of a grandpa and did it in less than 5 years.
  • VitosWorld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not so sure about that. Age is definitely a factor. It takes a strong man to get old. Ask any old guy.

I played full court basketball with fit guys mostly in their 20's and 30's and the occasional fellow dinosaur until I was about 50.

Even when I was pretty fat, I could play. I have a decent shot, I'm a decent ball handler, and have pretty good court vision and awareness.

I don't even consider it now, despite my recent foray back into the world of being reasonably fit.

Anyway, I used to play basketball to get in shape. It would have to be very different now. I would need to get in tip top shape to play basketball again.

The physical play, the lateral movement, the stopping and starting, the jumping... OWW MY KNEES!

Actually I am CERTAIN my b-ball days are done. I know I would get hurt... and I can't have that.

BECAUSE...

This time my weight loss is going to be different. I don't ever push tooooo hard.

No power lifting. Medium weights for medium reps using dumbbells and machines. Safety first.

Like I said, no basketball. Heck, I don't even run any more. I walk (treadmill or outside) and I use an elliptical.

If I eat reasonably and cross train with medium intensity having a mindset that success is achieved with a GENERAL CONSISTENCY OVER TIME, how can that NOT work?

Jeez, I should be able to do that forever...

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!