Veggie Burgers

Options
I have some morning star spicy black bean burgers in my freezer that need to be used soonish, any ideas on how to serve them other than like a burger?
I have looked on Pinterest and Google and haven't gotten anywhere. :/

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I just serve them over rice with veggies
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Chop it up and put it on a salad or with roasted vegetables, put it in a burrito, mix it up in a tofu scramble, put sauce on it and eat it like a cutlet.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I like both of those ideas
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    They are a staple of my diet. I shred them on the top of salads. I stir fry veggies and put them on top, again, shredded, then pour salsa over top. I make taco bowls with them. I make wraps with them with feta and spinach and a little italian dressing. I pretty much crumble them into everything savory.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I like to top them with some salsa and then a fried egg.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Omg! Sooo glad I posted! I have so many from stock piling and some are reaching the use by date! Can't wait to try some of this ideas! I was thinking about crumbling them but wasn't sure if they'd get weird if I did!
  • andreae50
    andreae50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Top with an egg and guacamole! Mmmm
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I like to top them with some salsa and then a fried egg.

Add a slice of cheese and that's my go-to quick dinner.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    strshllw84 wrote: »
    Omg! Sooo glad I posted! I have so many from stock piling and some are reaching the use by date! Can't wait to try some of this ideas! I was thinking about crumbling them but wasn't sure if they'd get weird if I did!

Also like almost everything (especially frozen stuff) they are good long past the "use by" date as long as they don't have any freezer burn.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Cut them up and make tacos!! Or, do a taco salad if you want to forgo the tortillas.

You could also do a spaghetti bolognese sauce and use those as the "meat."

Or, make a bean chili and add the burger to the mix.
  • catrina0789
    catrina0789 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Three words.... Big Mac Salad

big-mac-salad.jpg

How did you make this?! It looks soooo good!
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas! I usually eat the patties alone with no bread, very boring lol but I think I may try mixing it with lettuce, cheese, and dressing once I add dairy back.