Quick and easy low cal breakfast ideas

Options
Hi, I'm a busy mum of 2 and I don't have a lot of time in the morning. Has anyone got any good recipes for breakfast that are quick and easy. Thanks.

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Cut up some fruit. Pour over yoghurt. Job’s a good’un :)
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with grated cheddar cheese.
  • lauriekrull
    lauriekrull Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal - grab and go in the morning
  • sokie88
    sokie88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins or frittatas. Bake the night before abd warm for 45 secs
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Piece of toast with mixed Avocado and egg spread you made the night before that lasts 2 days. I will also like to make a pan of oatmeal square treats that I can grab and eat all week long . Also cereal with almond milk is great for people who hate milk
  • sarah_mills87
    sarah_mills87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Brill thank you for the great ideas.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The quickest and easiest is to postpone breakfast until lunch time.
    If you want to eat breakfast at home, schedule time for it, it might mean that you have to get up earlier.
    Eating together as a family is good for everybody's mental and physical health.
    If you want quick and easy, forget recipes and go for no-cook breakfasts, like sandwiches, milk, cereal, fruit, yogurt.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't bother until 1-2pm, saves my calories for later in the day.

It's an old wives tale that you must eat breakfast when you wake.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    oatmeal & Fruit

scrambled egg & sausage

boiled egg, fruit, sausage

english muffin, scrambled egg

You can prep your breakfast and simply heat it when ready to eat.
  • jb050794
    jb050794 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. Sometimes I cook breakfast sausage the night before, so I just have to heat it up in the morning. If I'm in a hurry, I make scrambled eggs in the microwave. If I'm in a big, big hurry, I just try to stay full with a piece of fruit and a protein bar. I guess the best piece of advice would be to try to prep breakfast the night before.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Eggs!! Easy and versatile!!
    I make a big batch of egg muffins on Sunday and put them in the fridge. 1 minute in the microwave in the morning and they're super yummy. If I have time to cook, then a quick scramble with cheese or some steel-cut oats and berries.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    You can do a poached egg in the microwave in a minute and eat over toast. I actually smash half an avocado on the toast, then top it with the egg. Delicious and fast! And about 290 calories.

For the egg:

fill a coffee cup about half way with water, crack in the raw egg
    microwave about a minute (I do a minute 10)
    spoon out onto a paper towel just to let the water soak up, then transfer it to your toast.
  • blackvalleyboats
    blackvalleyboats Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Breakfast casseroles do it for me, make ahead for the upcoming week. Google low calorie breakfast casseroles.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    If you have some time one day to prep your breakfasts for the week or even a few days, there are tons of ideas on blogs, Pinterest and other sites about things you can make ahead such as overnight oatmeal, freezer breakfast burritos, breakfast casseroles, etc. You could hard boil a batch of eggs one day and those will last a few days for breakfast, snacks, egg salad, topping on salad, etc.

I'm not sure how big of a breakfast you need or enjoy, but there are lots of fast no-work-at-all options, such as yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese and fruit. If you have just a few minutes, you can make toast or an english muffin or pour cold cereal. Oatmeal in the microwave (I do the Quaker low sugar packets - empty the packet into a bowl, add water or milk using the empty packet to measure, 90 seconds in the microwave, done).
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    bacon medallions and eggs
  • sarah_mills87
    sarah_mills87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, thank you for all your ideas. X
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a busy mum of 2 and I don't have a lot of time in the morning. Has anyone got any good recipes for breakfast that are quick and easy. Thanks.

3 pieces of fruit. I swear by it. Nails 3/5 a day