Meal replacement

Options
Anyone know good meal replacement? Shakeology is too expensive for me. I'm ok with making smoothies. I just need something I can take to work with me that I can toss in frig and go.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Boost.
    0831227 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're okay with smoothies you can always make your own from frozen bagged fruits and add either greek yogurt or soft tofu for protein.
  • caharri
    caharri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Probolic-SR
  • wetheskinny
    wetheskinny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like Slimfast. I have a serving of chocolate Slimfast and maybe an apple in the mornings instead of preparing breakfast. Really convenient. You can also get high protein versions that are sugar-free if you're doing keto.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    0831227 wrote: »
    Well, if you're okay with smoothies you can always make your own from frozen bagged fruits and add either greek yogurt or soft tofu for protein.

Agree with this if you are fan of smoothies and ok with making your own. Also, Atkins (and about a million other brands) has some premade shakes you can keep in the fridge if you really need to grab and go. I'm not a big fan but my husband likes to keep the strawberry flavor around for times when he really needs something but is literally running out the door.

Is there a particular reason you want to do meal replacement shakes or smoothies as opposed to just meal prepping regular food? I only ask because often shakes are often touted as super healthy and necessary for weight loss when really they generally expensive and full of sugar, and often leave people feeling hungry an hour later.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    SnowOwl26 wrote: »
    Anyone know good meal replacement? Shakeology is too expensive for me. I'm ok with making smoothies. I just need something I can take to work with me that I can toss in frig and go.

Vega one is nutritionally pretty similar to shakeology if you really want to go that route.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I recently rediscovered Carnation Instant Breakfast....it was on sale and I now have a stock of it! I also like chocolate milk, coffee, and Isopure Whey Isolate.