Searching for Squat Proof Leggings!!

Options
I am always searching for truly squat proof workout pants and would love some recommendations! After testing numerous brands, my preferred pants were the VS Knockout tight. However, I just ordered a bunch and it seems that the fabric has changed?! I don't mind spending some money (Lulu's, etc) if they are truly squat proof through multiple washings. I've had Nike and Under Armour that were not squat proof... but maybe I need to try a different style? I am curious about Gymshark, Myprotein, etc. And I know some people swear by Old Navy. Help! Please!!

Replies

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've used leggings from Old Navy, Marshall's and TJ Maxx and they all hold up really well.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I never put much thought into it. I wear old navy because they are affordable and last for years through hundreds of washing. Never really thought about how they perform for squats, but I guess they work, because I've never had a problem.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have Tikiboo and they 're great (I'm in UK though )
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    90 Degree By Reflex leggings are comfy and not see-through

I have several pairs and have had no issues - love them.

• JNeuhart
    JNeuhart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Tikiboo and they 're great (I'm in UK though )

The UK seems to have a lot of great workout gear!!
  • JNeuhart
    JNeuhart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    heytimsla wrote: »
    Grrrl leggings.

Never heard of this brand. Just googled... and it looks promising! Thanks!

• Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    As a thicc man I can testify you don't even need to wear underwear. They pass they stretch test and they have donuts on them
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My grrrl leggings and my hviii brand goods leggings both are pretty squat proof. That said, I've switched to bootie shorts (usually Fleo, sometimes Feed Me Fight Me) when I squat.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I keep telling my wife just wear basketball shorts to lift or workout like me, but she said it makes her look like a lesbian... I don't get it lol
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had a see-through pair at all, but my favourite brands you can get at TJ Maxx and Marshall's and whatnot - Balance Collection (which I think is a Marika offshoot) and 90 Degrees by Reflex, of which I have about 8 pairs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Constantlyvariedgear.com has fun squat-proof leggings, too.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The higher priced Champions from Target.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I keep telling my wife just wear basketball shorts to lift or workout like me, but she said it makes her look like a lesbian... I don't get it lol

The benefit is that I get hit on far less while wearing basketball shorts than when I wear pants or shorter running shorts. They're also like $5 in the Boys section of WalMart.

The Hanes cotton lounge shorts I wear are as low as $2 at target every year on clearance around August.

I wear them over my compression leggings because I figure nobody wants to see what I'm twerkin with.
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Old Navy are my fave... 100% squat proof, affordable, and hold up well against daily/almost daily washings. Plus they make some cute styles/patterns!
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    90 Degree By Reflex leggings are comfy and not see-through

I second these - I get them on Amazon and have been rather impressed. They could be a bit roomier in the calf section but otherwise they're durable and not at all see through.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Lulus are squat proof. Hand wash though. I will throw my older ones or the larger size 8s in the wash but not the good/newer ones.