okay venting!

Options
I'm soooo peeved off! I buy bottled water and put it in the fridge at work WITH my name on the bottles, and someone keeps taking them! I can never catch them in the act, I think I'll put a camera in there! I hate drinking warm water so I keep it in there, no one will fess up! I'll be back going undercover :grumble:

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'm soooo peeved off! I buy bottled water and put it in the fridge at work WITH my name on the bottles, and someone keeps taking them! I can never catch them in the act, I think I'll put a camera in there! I hate drinking warm water so I keep it in there, no one will fess up! I'll be back going undercover :grumble:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    That would really irk me because I only drink cold water. I would be p o'd also.

Connie
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Maybe add yellow food coloring to your water? :laugh:

I hate it when people take my stuff too!

Idea - why not switch from disposable water bottles to an aluminum or non-BPA plastic bottle - label it with your name and stick in the fridge. I bet whoever it is would be less inclined to steal your water along with your water bottle! :wink:
  • sarabear
    Options
    good ideas!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Maybe add yellow food coloring to your water? :laugh:

I hate it when people take my stuff too!

Idea - why not switch from disposable water bottles to an aluminum or non-BPA plastic bottle - label it with your name and stick in the fridge. I bet whoever it is would be less inclined to steal your water along with your water bottle! :wink:

I completely agree, go buy a cute water bottle, put your name on it, and problem should be solved. I don't think anyone would be too inclined to steal someone's personal water bottle, and if they did, they got problems.
    :smile: Felicia
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had people steal my homemade tuna sandwiches once (have to be in the fridge of course)

Instead of just your name, write "My name is xxxxx and I licked this bottle!"
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Until you find a nice reusable water bottle, you should tag it: This is SARA'S water. If you take it, leave a dollar!

Jerks.:angry:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    okay this is what I do to stop that from happening.
    Stop buying brand new plastic water bottles. Buy yourself two (1 liter) nalgene bottles. it's better for the earth, but that's just a great side effect of the REAL reason you are doing this: if someone sees a fresh new, unopened water bottle, they think "I'll just drink it down before anybody misses it", and boom, it's in the trash and gone, evidence erased. If however, they see your (many times used) personal nalgene bottle in there, it is not so "new" and sanitary, and they will think of the many times your mouth has been upon it, and they will not touch it. It's also very easy to spot in the hands of the thief.

I bring two bottles to work with me, one old dinged up nalgene, and one "fiji" water bottle that I keep refilling. The first day I started doing this, I put the fiji in the fridge, took the nalgene to class with me, and when I went back at lunchtime, the fiji had gone missing. when I reversed the order, and took the (replaced) fiji to class with me, and left the nalgene in the fridge, it sits safely waiting for me till lunchtime.

Nobody wants to touch my "cootie-infested" :bigsmile: nalgene bottle.

Good luck!:drinker:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

that sucks I would hunt the office on who has a water bottle with my name on it.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    you could open it before you put it up so whoever takes it doesn't know that its actually a brand new bottle. Then when you find out who is drinking it you can say ewww your gross thats a used bottle
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Try putting it into the fridge with the top opened....or better yet, fill a bottle with tap water and wait. It tastes awful enough that the theif may decide your water isn't worth it. Put a bio-hazard sticker on it.

A little note helps. Explain what stealing is.
  • Heather7
    Options
    I agree with getting the Nalgene bottles, that's what I use. But for those times that you have to use the throw-away plastic bottles, just write "Fertilizer" on the bottle in black pen!
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would set up a decoy, have a bottle exactly like you usually have only put some clear soap in it. :laugh:
    Do that a few times and see if you ever have a bottle go missing again.

I had an aunt who used to really like chocolate covered cherries and had them in her desk at all times and if she was gone she would come back to a few missing. Next time she left she used a syringe to empty the syrup out and replaced it with tabasco. Never had a problem again.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to be really mean - put some saline in with the water and the culprit will be pooping their eyeballs out! :laugh:

No, but really the reusable bottle technique will probably work best! Its cheaper anyways in the long run! Good luck! :drinker:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion but don't want to offend anyone...... so i'll keep it to myself! :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Here is what you do...open the bottle and if someone is that desperate to take an opened bottle YUK!....What I would do is be very very slick LOL throw a bunch of salt in one shake it up good.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Try putting your waters in a lunch bag/brown bag so they're not as tempted to go through it. If that doesn't work, take a stroll around the office once you notice it's missing and see who has your bottle. Heck...stay late and look in the trash at peoples' desks to see if your labeled bottle (use permanent marker on the bottle) is in one of them then set it on their desk. Do it daily. Okay, you'll seem a little crazy but they're jerks. :laugh:
  • sarabear
    Options
    okay this is what I do to stop that from happening.
    Stop buying brand new plastic water bottles. Buy yourself two (1 liter) nalgene bottles. it's better for the earth, but that's just a great side effect of the REAL reason you are doing this: if someone sees a fresh new, unopened water bottle, they think "I'll just drink it down before anybody misses it", and boom, it's in the trash and gone, evidence erased. If however, they see your (many times used) personal nalgene bottle in there, it is not so "new" and sanitary, and they will think of the many times your mouth has been upon it, and they will not touch it. It's also very easy to spot in the hands of the thief.

I bring two bottles to work with me, one old dinged up nalgene, and one "fiji" water bottle that I keep refilling. The first day I started doing this, I put the fiji in the fridge, took the nalgene to class with me, and when I went back at lunchtime, the fiji had gone missing. when I reversed the order, and took the (replaced) fiji to class with me, and left the nalgene in the fridge, it sits safely waiting for me till lunchtime.

Nobody wants to touch my "cootie-infested" :bigsmile: nalgene bottle.

Good luck!:drinker:

Fiji water is what a I drink! LOVE IT! Thanks for the advice on how to catch the crook!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    ROFL... I LOVE the soap idea. You should totally do that. Or find something else clear and nasty. That would be AWESOME!!! Oh oh oh... or rub some hot pepper oil on the lip of the bottle. :devil:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Post a note on the fridge saying... "Whoever took my urine sample, please return it, it was in a plastic water bottle"! heehee!