Old eating disorders

Options
Is there anyone here who needs to be careful because they've had an unhealthy relationship with food in the past (years ago) but now wants to lose weight in a healthy way? Do you find it hard not to binge or starve or whatever your disorder was?

Replies

• mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of this.
  • sianlhalewood
    sianlhalewood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of this.
    Do you just have to keep pushing yourself? I find it easy to go most of the day without food but then binge all my cals at once. It's hard to eat 2-3 meals a day for me x
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Me. And yes, it’s hard. I’ve had to completely reevaluate my relationship with food, and I still slide back sometimes, but it’s possible. It has to come from a place of love and tenderness, whereas eating disorders come from a place of hatefulness and obsessive controlling behaviors towards yourself. Some days will be better than others. Talk to someone if you need to. ❤️
  • sianlhalewood
    sianlhalewood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me. And yes, it’s hard. I’ve had to completely reevaluate my relationship with food, and I still slide back sometimes, but it’s possible. It has to come from a place of love and tenderness, whereas eating disorders come from a place of hatefulness and obsessive controlling behaviors towards yourself. Some days will be better than others. Talk to someone if you need to. ❤️
    Thank you so so much! I guess we have to learn to be kinder to ourselves xx
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely. It's hard not to go back to old ways