Cheat days

Options
Does anyone else have a cheat day I cheat on Friday. I think it helps me stay on track what do u think about cheats days?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I never have. If I want a food, I work it into my calories either for the day or for the week.
  • AriyahIsrael
    AriyahIsrael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I never have. If I want a food, I work it into my calories either for the day or for the week.

Likewise. A cheat day could turn into cheat “days”’for me LOL
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    nope. Id be "cheating" myself. Just because you call it a cheat doesnt mean the calories dont count to your body. Id easily wipe out my deficit. I make things fit.

Edit to add: How does it help you keep on track, If by definition your going off track cheating. Change your track if you cant stay on it
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I will have a "cheat meal" once in awhile, which basically means I stay below maintenance calories. A whole day can trigger derailment (for me anyway).
  • lokimerlijn
    lokimerlijn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There are days that I am over my calorie goal but I still log everything. And it's less than once a week.
    I try to earn calories by exercising more, and most of the time this works out great (but I am a beginner ;) ).
  • the_prez3
    the_prez3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You know what will really help you stay on track, progress. Cheat days are a bad idea. It’s ok to have some foods you really enjoy but not purposely going off the rails to satisfy a desire to overeat. Make sure you do it with a plan so you don’t wipe out the calorie deficit you spent the week creating.
  • 5Months2fit
    5Months2fit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes. I’m doing Intermittent fasting (with low calories on both days, but less than 200 on the fasting days). Giving myself one day per week to eat whatever (allows me to eat out with a friend), but still less than 1,200 calories (I’m short and need to lose weight fast!).
  • molliencharlie
    molliencharlie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So my birthday is coming up and I've been thinking a lot about this. I'm trying to create a permanent lifestyle change and not a "diet". I will eat as healthy as I can every day, but on my birthday I will probably go out to eat and enjoy something I normally wouldn't. I have really been swapping out things I love to eat for healthier versions-- really don't want to cheat my progress.
  • the_prez3
    the_prez3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes. I’m doing Intermittent fasting (with low calories on both days, but less than 200 on the fasting days). Giving myself one day per week to eat whatever (allows me to eat out with a friend), but still less than 1,200 calories (I’m short and need to lose weight fast!).

I know you’re not asking for advice but what you describe sounds like a very unhealthy relationship with food looking for a place to happen. Combining fasting with an already low calorie plan and days of eating whatever you want sounds a little like an eating disorder in the making. Please be careful.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

That’s not how 5:2 works. You should be eating 500 calories on your fasting days and maintenance calories on the rest. And losing weight fast is not ideal...you’ll lose a lot of muscle, as well as create a host of health problems.