I see success!!

Options
So today I had to go to the dr for a recheck, and of course they take my weight. At last visit, I was 178. Today, I was 171!! So I'm seeing results!! I'm still eating mostly what I want, but I'm making healthier choices. We took a day trip today, and of course stopped at a convenience store to get snacks. I ended up with a bag of pork rinds (because I LIKE them, not because of calories) and a Coke zero. I ate like 3-4 pork rinds then decided they tasted gross. I ate one of the sour cream and onion Pringles my hubs had, and it was icky too. I didn't finish the Coke, because I don't like Aspartame. So, that's a good thing right? At lunch at a cafe, I cut my homemade chicken salad croissant in half, ate ALL the fruit that came with it, and saved the Lay's chips for later. (Breakfast was fruit and OJ from Chick-Fil-A) I did eat some of hubby's fries, because OMG they were amazing. So overall today, I feel really good about myself and my choices.

Replies

• kimsliselle
    kimsliselle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today I finished the chicken salad sandwich and the bag of chips. A very satisfying lunch. I now have tuna steaks defrosting for dinner.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Isn't it surprising that things you used to like and crave now seem gross? I think before I eat now, and if there is not much in the way of nutritional value in it, I don't want to ruin my macros for the day. Not to mention, if I eat just one, like chips, it is so hard to not eat a second, third.... Nice job!

• supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • kimsliselle
    kimsliselle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SbetaK wrote: »
    Isn't it surprising that things you used to like and crave now seem gross? I think before I eat now, and if there is not much in the way of nutritional value in it, I don't want to ruin my macros for the day. Not to mention, if I eat just one, like chips, it is so hard to not eat a second, third.... Nice job!

VERY surprising. Now I'm MUCH more aware of what I'm actually eating, and when I do eat something "junky" it's a conscious decision, not something mindless.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!