Under 5 ft

Options
Anybody under 5 ft trying to lose weight? I started last year at 181. Lost 30 lbs in 6 months. Looking for support and any new meal ideas that are quick.

Replies

• jls1788
    jls1788 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m close, 5’ 2”, 164 pounds, also want to lose 30 pounds. I’m almost 41 lbs so I feel like that’s making things harder. But we can do this!!! I’ll send you both a friend request!
  • kasleighx3
    kasleighx3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10". started at 140 and lost 20 lbs a couple years ago. sadly I got back up to 140. back at it again!
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.1... so just slightly over. Very early days but lost 8llbs so far
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Anybody under 5 ft trying to lose weight? I started last year at 181. Lost 30 lbs in 6 months. Looking for support and any new meal ideas that are quick.

I'm 4'11" and at 150 currently. I hope to lose about 25 lbs and would be happy there. I got down to 125 about a year and a half ago but gained it all back so I just started back.
  • tammiecope
    tammiecope Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I’m not even 5ft, 134lbs looking to get to 119lbsz
    Hoping to drop the majority of this in 3 months as we go away for our 1 year anniversary. Not sure where to start really? I also drink A LOT of wine and looking to stop it now!
  • fireofhope13
    fireofhope13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft. Current 143... hoping to get back to 115. I had a really bad episode with my depression and let it go to far before I got treatment. Now that I am balanced again I am hoping to recover my body.
  • ayshakool
    ayshakool Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft tall. I weigh 144 pounds . I have lost 17.6 pounds in 2.5 months. I was always skinny few years back but i got thyroid. Unfortunately, it took three years to diagnose it. Another year to get right dosage. Well, i am glad that its all normal and i have lost somewhat weigt
  • katijjaa
    katijjaa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft. I started at 152 lbs and lost 25 lbs and looking to lose 12 lbs till the end of May for my birthday. I lost it by starting cooking at home and turning food I love to healthier reasonable versions and also walking a lot. I dropped wheat but I would still eat carbs in different forms like starchy veggies from time to time, that made me stay in the diet longer even if it means losing slowly. I would eat beef or chicken curry stews with veggies, mixed veggies soup with broth, lettuce-wrapped beef burger, salad with grilled halloumi, steamed veggies with low fat feta cheese and Italian herbs. My food would mainly be protein and veggies but I would also use olive oil to cook or season my salad. I also eat healthy protein bars in exchange of snacks (half bar twice a day) with tea or coffee. I also drink lots of coffee and drink water with lemon, keeps me full. When I go out I make healthy choices. I would still allow myself to eat non-healthy food from time to time but that was 15% of the whole time.

Also walking really helped me. I know ppl would argue that exercising is better and I understand the science behind it but from a personal experience, walking made me lose weight faster and made me more motivated and it is way more fun and you don't feel that "ugh! I have to go to the gym". I even did some treks occasionally and I'm hoping to do more this year. I'm planning to start exercising to increase my stamina once I reach my weight goal.

• NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello! 4’10 here. Currently 110 lbs feel fre to add me
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I thought i joined and post here yesterday. but sometimes I forget to post reply. Must of done that yesterday. I'm Linda and 5 feet right on. And this body has been fat long enough time to smarten up. So hoping you let an old 70 year old lady join you all. Good luck to all in this journey.
    See you all lighter.