Replies

• GROBSLynn
    GROBSLynn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lol... kitten. Uh..try: “A bit of a -synonym for a donkey-“
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65lbs. I've walked/hiked with my dogs (because I love it) and done yoga. That's it. CICO. You can do this with just food but doing toning/muscle building exercises will help you look better naked
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I’m currently trying to lose weight and although working out is just like 30% and food is 70% i want to do it but i can’t, i hate it. I like dancing but I’m too insecure to sign up for classes because I’m fat. Any tip?

100% untrue. Hating it doesn't mean you can't do it. It just means it sucks. Why do you hate it so much? And given that you know that it's unnecessary, why do you want to do it?
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dancing is an excellent form of exercise. When I was in between gym memberships, I worked out at home to zumba videos on YouTube. There are tons of videos to choose from with many different intensity levels.
  • katijjaa
    katijjaa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I’m currently trying to lose weight and although working out is just like 30% and food is 70% i want to do it but i can’t, i hate it. I like dancing but I’m too insecure to sign up for classes because I’m fat. Any tip?

I totally feel you! I used to be in the same boat so I found some of these popular exercises online and did it home. But I would stay hate that time of the day, and I would hate it when I'm exercising, and even though I saw change in my body it was so slow. Only until I started walking for long distance that I really started to lose weight and enjoy it.I would walk from 8 km to 20 km and also do treks. What I love about walking is that you really start seeing resutls quicker. Even when I would go to the gym I would only use the treadmill. Something that most skinny ppl don't realise that it is harder to exercise when you are heavier because you have to carry your body weight while doing any floor exercise. You can always start exercising once you get lighter.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you hate doing it then dont do it.

BUT you may find, as I did, that the more you do it, the more you LIKE it.
  • tiffanyx7
    tiffanyx7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I too hate working out. I have 2 young boys so I hardly ever have time to myself to do a good workout anyway. I try to fit my exercise in by walking mainly, I'll walk to do the school runs, walk to town in the day, or even just take the boys for a walk in the evening, helps so much and I don't feel completely lazy that way.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you want to dance don't.let anxiety stop you, you can get therapy for social anxiety if it's stopping you from doing something you want to
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Being active is extremely useful for weight loss because you can eat more. It doesn't have to be exercise though, just an effort to walk more overall.