Options
Do you eat them? What is a good kind?

Replies

• ShakeDown1993
    Options
    Do you eat them? What is a good kind?
  • gperry227
    Options
    NO. I would rather spend my calories on more "natural" foods. Plz dont think I am sounding like a snob. I have eaten them in the past in a pinch tho. They just taste kinda funny to me (not ina good way either)
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    Sure, on long workout days. Or if I am on the road and need a snack they are better than regular candy bars, but not by much. But I would rather eat other things myself, if I can.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    I like to use Detour Bars as a mid morning and mid afternoon snack (1 or 2 of the 6 meals for the day). They have large ones (30 g of protein and 300 + calories) and small ones, I like the smaller ones (15 g of protein and around 200 calories). You can find them at Walmart and Costco, they are very good, similar to a snickers bar! I have tried all different kinds and these are the best tasting in my opinion.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Try a Lara Bar. They are made with nuts, dates and fruit.

They are oragnic, kosher, gluten free,dairy free, vegan and uncooked.

Today I have a lemon bar. It has dates, cashews, almonds, lemon juice andnatural lemon flavour.
    210 calories, 3 g of fibre, 5g of protein

Their Ginger Snap one is awesome and so is the Pecan Pie
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I like to use Detour Bars as a mid morning and mid afternoon snack (1 or 2 of the 6 meals for the day). They have large ones (30 g of protein and 300 + calories) and small ones, I like the smaller ones (15 g of protein and around 200 calories). You can find them at Walmart and Costco, they are very good, similar to a snickers bar! I have tried all different kinds and these are the best tasting in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree they probably are the best all around for taste and content. I also enjoy cliff bars. For quick energy while working out I like Cliff Shot Bloks or Sport Beans as well, although lately I have been mixing peanut butter and honey for my own Gu type gels...
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    LARABARS!!!!

Those babies are GOOD!!!! I like the Apple pie and Chocolate Coconut chew. The last one tastes like a brownie:smile: I also like the Coconut Creme pie. YUMMY:happy: ]
  • dmmurray12
    Options
    The Luna bars are real good also.